Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

How to generate a fake ring

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    A.B

I have a quintum to quintum gateways and there is a long delay in the pstn lines in dialing the digits is there a way to generate a fake ringing tone instead of the delay. PLEASE HELP ASAP

noname

Turn “faststart” on. It will give the caller a fake ringback when the other gateway is dialing the number.
    Two troubles: If the destination number is busy, it will sound like is ringing and then switch to busy tone (the real one from the phone company)
    Second one: At least with the default settings, the ringback will be “american ringback”. Some people will know that there is fake because the normal ringing in same places is diferent.
    You could try with the regional settings on both ends and see if that changes anything.
    If you bought the equipment from a Quintum dealer, give the a call. They are good.

Good luck!!!!!!!

carolina Escobar

theres another way that i can generate a fake ringback tone.
    I have a AS800 quintum

vitaes11@hotmail.com

Carolina

Noname:

when you say “faststart on” it´s really “allowfsonly 1”

please confirm

vitaes11@hotmail.com

Noname to Carolina

Sorry about that. I do not use CLI that much since I deal mainly with A200, that do have a current GUI.
    I will try t look up into the manual and reply tomorrow.
    Not sure it will work on the A400, or A800. For sure it works on the A200 (that is not really a Quintum box)

Adios!!!!!

A.B.

if you want to generte a fake ring. In the PSTN menu under provide call progress tone select yes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.