Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

VOIP GATEWAY OVER DYNAMIC IP

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sajjad

Can any one help me??? I have VOIP and I do not have fixed IP address. is there a way that I can rehister my voip gateway some where by it’s MAC address or by its serila number or something so people can reach my voip gateway and can make calls. Please help

Thanks in Advance

Sajjad
    sajjad@tehkal.com

SAM

If you can register your VOIP gateway using a Tech-prefix or an e164 number, with a Gatekeeper on the Internet (you should find a gatekepper who offers the service), then others should be able to contact you. By the way which is the VOIP gateway you are using.

Sajjad

Hi sam

I am using a unbranded Gateway with 4 FXO.
    Where can i find a free Gatekeeper on the internent so I can register my gateway ???
    My gateway will let me register it if I know a gatekeeper IP address and if the gatekeepr can accept free registration

Please Helpppppppp

Thanks

Sajjad

Ljubo

Try http://www.gnugk.org
    or
    http://www.openh323.org
    for GK solution

To get Dynamic IP as “Static”
    go to http://www.dyndns.org
    Hope that this will help

Sajjad

Hi Ljubo

I have been to these places all I need is a simple software which I can install on my PC so it can register all my gateways and my gateways have dynamic IP address.
    Or a gatkeeper some where on the internet which can allow me to creat a group so my group can talk to each other.

Thanks

Sajjad

Ljubo

Hi Sajjad, so far I didn’t find such free GK with user friendly interface. If you spend some time on Win solution from GNUGK you should be able to use it.
    I never try if but some of them in this forum did.
    If you find better GK and to be free, I will be interested to test it.
    Good luck

Ljubo

If you registre your DNS on DynDNS, you will get Static/Public IP address or use DNS (www.sajjad.dyndns.org) to access your GWs.
    If you use iEnsemble, this GW can work this way

gatekeeper

I have the same setup. Gateways that keep changing I.P. addresses every few hours.
    All what you need is a gatekeeper, on a public fix I.P. for all the gateways to register with.
    Then, the gatekeeper will keep a running list of the I.P. of the gateways,refrehing every few minutes (time to live).
    I works great, and after a while,you do not even know where your gateways are at. All what you care is that you dial and the call goes trought.

Sajjad

Hi gatekeeper

I have the same setup. Gateways that keep changing I.P. addresses every few hours.
    All what you need is a gatekeeper, on a public fix I.P. for all the gateways to register with.
    Then, the gatekeeper will keep a running list of the I.P. of the gateways,refrehing every few minutes (time to live).
    I works great, and after a while,you do not even know where your gateways are at. All what you care is that you dial and the call goes trought.== Yes where can I find the gatekeeper software so I can install it on my PC ???

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.