Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Remote Phone #’s

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    johny-o

Im in Asia I have a quintum A800 gateway i use for a prepaid calling card. I running at only about 40 percent capacity, I was wondering if I can set-up a small 2 or 1 port fxo gateway in my hometown of Highland, MI that can ring me here in asia? example, someone calls the -(248) 555-3434 and I can recieve the call here in asia on my gateway, without using the asian telepone lines to call. Is this possible and how do I do it.

wilson boyrie

Get a Quintum A200. Connect the FXO ports to old Ma Bell line (248) XXX-XXXX. Make the A200 register with the A800 as a gatekeeper.Enable IVR on the A200. It is very basic, but it works.
    When someone rings your line in Michigan, the IVR ask for the PIN. If you enter the PIN (you need to set the pin on the A200), you get a second dial tone.You dial the number set on one of the ports of the A800, and bingo.
    If you want the system to work without PIN, meaning soeone will call that number and will ring somewhere in Asia,you need more work.
    I sugest calling Quintum support and they will give you the steps.

Good luck.

johny-O

I wanted it to be a seemless connection for the US caller. anyknow how let me know, thanks

Naser

Take a vonage phone there in asia with a 248 number and u will be able to make and recive calls in US.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.