Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

GSM Channel Bank and Voip Gateway Brand

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris Johns

Does anyone know anything about the Micronet Voip gateway SP5050 it has 6 fxo ports, Im using it to set up a small calling card in a small area in asia. Is it going to be compatible?

Also I was thinking about a GSM channel bank, would it be compatible and what does one of those cost?

Sharad

Chris
    Go for Quintum A800 ( 8 ports FXO/FXS

noname

Chris, like Sharad said, you could not go wrong with a Quintum.For the price, there are not many boxes that will give you better results.
    When picking a channel bank to connect to a gateway, you may need a smart channel bank, the kind that will detect busy tones or reorder tones and supply disconnect signaling.
    The worst trouble in many places is the lack of disconnect signal.
    When a customer call into the gateway and finish the call, the port stay “hung” because the phone company does not provide any disconnect signal (remote disconnect supervision on the U.S.)
    That will give you “hang” ports on the best case and wrong billing information on the worst case.
    That is where a smart channel bank could help, but they are expensive.

Chris

NO Name, I went with the quintum A800 like you said, but now im having problems setting it up, can you email me at Charlie@cheap-Charlie.com

Sharad

Hi Chris
    If u let me know your requirement , i can help u out in configuration .

Chris

Sharad (or anyone who knows)

Im using it for a prepaid card platmorm, I need the quintum box to have a fixed public IP address. The router i have doesnt allow access to the fixed IP address i set up in the Quintum, and i was told by the router Mfg that it was because my ISP uses PPPoA and not PPPoE or another protocol, they also said it was impossible. can you help?

chris

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.