Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

VoIP billing for Cisco GateKeeper

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PAT

Dear guys,

I am setting up an new voice platform and looking for billing system/solution support Cisco Gatekeeper

The CDR will generate from Cisco GK, is any billing software support?

I found most billing software support CDR from Gateway, but did not mention GK,

Please Advice.

Many thanks

Pat

Dave

You won’t find it. The gatekeeper doesn’t handle the start and stop records necessary for a billing package to handle billing. This is done on the gateway level or a call relay box which is RADIUS support for external billing.

any questions gnfshn@pacbell.net

Rafael

In several cisco GK Manuals I have seen this benefits: ” the gk sends detailed call information to a radius distributed client/server system that can be used for billing purpouses. Radius servers use the vendor-specific (VSA) capability to configure features for individual users…” so I think it is possible and I am also looking for this solution,

Please Advice

thanks
    Rafael Risco

Farshad

Rafael,
    you are right! but there is a small and important issue. cisco gatekeeper doesn’t do call signal routing. this leads us to uncorrect detection of start and stop of a call. generaly speaking, when you don’t relay call signaling through gatekeeper, u don’t see answer on a call leg. only thing you have is ACF message that a GW sends back.

PAT

Because of Cisco GK does not provide accurate call information to maintain CDR, I am thinking the possibility to use third party GateKeeper for the call control as well as CDR.

I found on web there are some voip gk claim fully compitable with cisco gateway, such as vocaltec. do you think it is possible replace the CGK?

Dave

Pat
    You need a call relay unit from Quintum, IP-IP call relay routing with RADIUS support for wholesale billing. Great unit.
    Gatekeepers typically take the call and send it out (not monitoring it) and waits for the next request/s of other calls and tells them where to go. Through the call relay it stays with the call beginning to end. Can provide more info.
    gnfshn@pacbell.net

Victor

Pat,
    In an effort of doing Accounting with cisco gatekeepers in proxy, I contacted cisco TAC and they recomended me Enterprise version. Seems is a little bit tricky, because is working like a gatekeeper and a gateway at the same time which let the gatekeeper monitor the call and give the start and stop record. I tested it in proxy, but I don’t know if this will work in a normall H.323 process.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.