Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Checkpoint VPN w/ IP Softphone

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    VOIPEng

Hello all,
    Has anyone else on here deployed an IP Softphone over a Checkpoint VPN, specifically using a SecureClient running on VPN-1 NG? I am having issues with getting the RTP packets to flow through the VPN properly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Frank

Pat Patterson

I’m now trying to get this to work. I can’t even make a call while on the LAN if SecureClient is running. We are using FP3, the latest build.

Any help is appreciated.

Mario Rodriguez

I have used IP phones with VPNs from NetAdvanta 2050, Contivity from Nortel Networks and Netscreen without any problems.
    I haven’t tried with CheckPoint.

Frank Mirecki

We have found the resolution for this. It was an issue with the integration of the SecureClient and the Avaya IP Softphone. With the latest build of the SecureClient from Checkpoint desktop_53717_1_w2k, which is the tech support build 53717_1 of Secureremote client for NG. With this SecureClient version we have had complete success with Avaya IP Softphone via VPN. Another thing to ensure is allow all services on the IP address of the CLAN and Medpro of the PBX, this will ensure that the firewall is not blocking access to and from these ports.

Let me know if this helps you out.

Thanks,
    Frank

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.