Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Broadcasting Audio over E&M

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Steve

We are trying to take an audio signal (it’s not a radio broadcast but is similar) from a hub location and distribute to 27 sites. They are currently doing this over muxes and voice cards using E&M. Any suggestions on doing this over VOIP and if possible can anyone tell which E&M pins do I connect the audio feeds to. I saw documentation that says pins 6/3 and 4/5. TIA

dmck

You have confused me, if you are removing the E&M why does the pin connections matter?

Steve

We are using E&M ports over VOIP instead of the muxes. Basically the muxes have become outdated and an IP based network better suits their needs.

dmck

OK, understood. ( sound reasoning too)
    On a CISCO RJ45 connector for E&M circuits, pins 3/6 are audio in to CISCO card, pins 4/5 are audio out from CISCO card.

hope this helps.

Steve

Yes that is exactly what I needed to know. I think for the distribution part we are looking at doing a sort of Hoot n Holler network. Any suggestions on that? TIA

dmck

Sorry, once it gets into the IP network I have limited experience.

Radium

This is an excellent product to use for converged networks wanting Hoot and Holler capabilities combining VoIP, analog, digital and radio voice networks together.

http://www.twistpair.com/products/wave/default.asp

I’ve deployed this for customers. It’s really sweet!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.