Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Your opinion about Quintum?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 287 total)
  • Author
    Teodor Georgiev

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a small VoIP gateway and I stopped at Quintum A400 (mostly because of the IVR and Radius AAA interface). Unfortunately, I was not able to find ANY technical documentation describing how to configure them, only “white papers”. Does someone have an experience to share with me regarding A400? Is it easy to configure, do they provide enough documentation with it?
    What are their strong and weak points?

Thank you.

Francisco

Please forward me any addtional info.

Vasil

Hi Teodor,
    I have the full documentation for Quintum – more than 1000 pages and know a lot about Quintum.
    Give me your email, and I will contact you directly.

Davood

Hi Vasil,

I was looking for s.o. like you!
    I am using iEnsemble for origination(sending),but I am not pleased with it because of long calls , limited prompt recording possibility and disconnection after entering a wrong No. without repeating the prompt.

I am going to buy a Tenor and replace iE,Do you have any suggestion about Tenor?

Davood

Samaale

I am planning to implement VOIP system that can be used phoneshop. QuintumA400/800 was the most attractive equipment in my research. But I could not find enough documentation. Can anyone help the documentaion and setup? what is the best carrier specially in Africa? and what is the alternative of billing software?
    My email is sahra365@aol.com
    Thanks in advanced

Bob

Sysmaster vs. Quintum:
    1. 2 IP legs in one calls –not supported by Cisco or Quintum
    2. IVR over IP – not supported by Cisco or Quintum
    3. Unlimited Registrations in GKs — not supported by Cisco or Quintum
    4. Unlimited Dial Plans – not supported by Cisco or Quintum
    5. Function as a Call-back server.
    6. Intelligent VoIP Proxy switching (automatically negotiate codecs with both end points and attempt to provider RTP relaying without codec conversion if possible)
    7. Support multiple concurrent codecs — not supported by Quintum
    8. SIP, H323, PSTN (ISDN/PRI, CAS/EFS/D4, R2) support – most of these are not supported by Cisco or Quintum
    9. Switch between different media SIP, H323, PSTN automatically

VoIP top Quality

Bob how can you compare Sysmaster which is a software (using generally Quintum) vs some switches like Quintum ?

Without Quintum technology Sysmaster wouldn’t be able to sell anything.

Someone

I totally agree……..100 points

Voip

How can Sysmaster compare to Cisco and Quintum when they have only been in the market with that gateway for less than

Radium

I don’t think Bob has a clue when it comes to Cisco’s IP Telephony products

I will say that Cisco’s SIP support is somewhat new and isn’t supported in all of their products yet. I understand that it should be completely supported either by the end of the year or Q1 2004. With that said, I’ve used Cisco for the core IP telephony equipment in all of my projects. Cisco supports all of the standards he’s listed above plus has some features no one else has such as Survivable Remote Site Telephony. Cisco is really serious about IP telephony, they seem to integrating support for it into all of their products from routers and switches to firewalls and ADSL routers. One minus for it is it isn’t cheaper than some of these lesser known companies but I’ll bet you it’s got better support than brand X.

I’ve been designing and deploying Cisco’s IP Telephony solutions for over two years. I done small sites from 50 users, to medium size call centers, to large deployments of thousands of IP Phones and an. I’ve deployed IP Telephony systems from all over the United States to Alaska, Hawaii, St. Petersburg Russia, and Seoul Korea.

Cisco’s IP Telephony products interact with a lot of other vendors add on products, such as billing, conferencing, paging, software enhancement, NMS (network management systems), IP Telephony troubleshooting tools and many more.

I admit I’m a bit biased towards Cisco products but if it works and works well why switch?

To Davood

Hi Davood, the new iEnsemble version 1.6 support repeating prompt when enter wrong PIN and phone number, full customized voice prompt recording function and a lot of new features facing the traffic collection application by the small ITSP, you can contact their support department support@flashlinevive.com to get update.

Yeah

…AND also pay them some bucks for getting the upgraded firmware, just to get recordable prompts in only 1 language (if you record your own language, you lose the English prompts!) and get the same faulty answer/hangup supervision.

Rasse Hassan Kadir

Please can any1 provide me the detail documentation of quintum please A800 series. I will hihgly appreciate your help.

Thanks in Advance.
    RHK

aravinth

Please can any1 provide me the detail documentation of quintum please A800 series. I will hihgly appreciate your help.

Thanks in Advance.
    aravinth

saravinth@irisconsulting.fr

Arup

Can Quintum Tenor A800 talk to Ccisco AS5300

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 287 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.