Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Cisco ATA 186

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Muffadal Essaji

HI EVERYBODY
    I WANT TO MAKE A VOIP BETWEEN
    MY TWO OFFICES
    WE ARE LOCATED IN DIFFERENT REGIONS .

I HV BOUGHT CISCO ATA 186 .
    BUT I DON’T HOW TO CONFIGURE IT AND ALSO IS ANY OTHER BETTER PRODUCT AND WHICH IS EASY TO CONFIGURE IT.
    I HV A PROBLEM I CAN’T CONFIGURE THROUGH A PHONE .
    I NEED A SOFTWARE WHERE IN CISCO THEY HAVE IT BUT IS VERY EXPENSIVE .
    PLS LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANOTHER PRODUCT BETTER THEN CISCO AND CHEAP AND EASY TO CONFIGURE .

Joe

yes, there is a solution, you may use Mera as proxy gatekeeper

noname

If you need only to link a couple of places and you have fix,public I.P. addresses on both places (not trought NAT), there is a very cheap option that will give you four phone lines and do not need a gatekeeper.
    There ia person on e-bay selling some Ericsson VOIP boxes. Very basic setup, but for a point to point with public I.P. addreeses it could not get cheaper or easier to setup.
    I have a couple of them that i bought for testing and they do not work for me since I have dinamic I.P.addreeses.
    If you are interested and already have ATA 186 ‘s we could work out a swap. Post your e-mail if interested and I will write or call you.

Cisco ATA

I have already configured already cisco ata 186 using Nat ip.

I have got an office in Tanzania and i have got a Vsat . and on my other side in India they have got a decidated Line of Bandwith which connected to the ISP.

The Problem i am facing at the moment is off the delay when i ping my natted ip the delay is too big .
    Does any one have a solution to decrease the delay .

Yours
    muffadal,

ben

The delay is induced by the satellite hop, the ping delay should be around 500 to 600 ms. This will be normal for VSAT links and there is nothing you can do other than switch to terrestrial links. If it is more (say 1200ms) then you have a double satellite hop. If is not good practice to transmit voice over double hops.

bert

I have configured successfuly the cisco ata 186 to work with different providers.

If you need help or want to sell your ata 186. Please contact me

harold

where I can get information to control cisco ata by means of software

JC

Ok i would like to know , what s hould i do to work my cisco ata 186 through nat… i m going crazy , what kind of router do we need,,

DUAL Talk

The ATA 186 should work behind NAT with most routers. With our calling service (DUAL Talk), ATAs usually work behind without any special configuration changes.

For other services, try entering your public IP address in the NATIP field. Also, on the router, try forwarding the UDP port to the phone that is specified in the MediaPort field.

noname to JC

About ATA and DUAL Talk.

I have two ATA setup with dual talk and I could get to the announcement part with no trouble. I have not tried a real call yet, but seems like it will work.
    My router is a linksys, four port type.
    I did not do anything special to make it work, exception made of a couple of settings that the people of dual talk are aware of at this point.

It could be a good idea reset the terminal to factory default and start fresh.
    Tome, from dual talk could give you the settings needed to connect to their server.

Warning: I tried several other providers, following their indications, on SIP and h323 without sucess. I tried NET2phone and another two or three providers and I got no luck and no response from them.

Rajat

Hi,

Actually there is no more problem of ATA behind a firewall or Proxy.You can easily configure The ata to work with NAT , hardly matter how many locations you wanna connect. We have a Free gatekeeper for you , which will make your ATA work behind NAT & provides you the permanent telephone number for each location.

Cheers!

Rajat

canjos

we have config 2 C2600 IOS IP Interprice Plus 12.2.12f. One with FXO e other via ATA 186. We have priorize the trafic with LLQ, like a Cisco Doc (VOIP OVER FRAME RELAY WITH QOS).When a call is made, the voice is cleared and perfect, but when a put a trafic in the wan inerface, we sence a miss of recption of voice on the FXO side only (tx of the ATA). Can anybody help me ?

Muffadal

I have configured my cisco ata .
    one ata is on my wirless network and other is on my VSAT network .

i can make the calls between them but the problem is that the voice is breaking off please can someone tell me what ata parameters to be changed .

Yours
    Muffadal

Moya

Muffadal,

Chances are your problem is related to the delay caused by a VSAT system (min. of 600 miliseconds on a good day).

Best regards,

Moya

mma

We are trying to configure the cisco ATA 186 behind NAT ( We are Using winroute) to work with our gatekeeper (Voicemaster). It seems its configured and we are able to access it thru web configuration page. The problem is we are unable to place any calls and we also donot hear any dial tones. We are at a loss that what we are missing? If someone could help we appreciate it. My yahoo ID: mmaphone. Best Regards.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.