Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Calling Card Business in India

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Atul Savur

Hello All,
    I am sure you have heard similar questions before, but I would really appreciate it if someone could provide me any information on the following:
    My company is planning to start up a calling card service in India, so I wanted to know if VoIP is legal in India. We plan to provide a conduit to make international phone calls through a landline (and not from a computer). Does TRAI / VSNL / anybody else object to this?

Thanks and Regards,
    Atul Savur

Kevin

Hi Atul,

In India calling card service over IP backbone is not leagal yet. They allowed to start only OTSP service where you can offer PC-to-PC in India and PC-to-Phone worldwide. But for that also your company should be an ISP. More details you can find at
    http://www.dotindia.com/isp/guidelines.doc
    Hope it helps.

Atul

Hi Kevin,
    Its been a while since we last discussed the legal implications of VOIP in India. Back in April you said that only OTSP was allowed in India. Has the situation changed since then? Please advise.

Regards,
    Atul

Navman

Hello All:

I have a question around VOIP usage in India. I live in chicago and my parents live in Delhi. If I were to get a VOIP Phone service through Vonage (VOIP Phone Carrier) and mail the router to india – then would my parents after plugging the router in a high speed connection, be able to maintain a chicago phone number while in Delhi. Since VOIP phone go by mac address – and if the phone number is tied to te MAC address then logically the any calls to my chicgao number shoudl route to that MAC address i.e. Chicago Phone number.
    Please advice.
    Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.