Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Need suggestion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    FL

Do I need a symmetric or just an asymmetric connection if I want to do VoIP over satellite internet connection ?

I just need it to accept calls. How much bandwidth should I have if I have E1 PSTN ?

noname

VOIP use about the same ammount of bandwith on bothe direcctions. For that reason you will need symetric bandwith, or you will limited by the upload speed. You never get to use the diference (unles you do some web surfing on the same link,not recomended).
    Be carefull!!! Not every sat.internet provider is good for voip.Depending on the sampling rate, what is good for data could be unusable for VOIP.
    30 channels of PSTN , using 12-15 kb of bandwith each. Depends a lot on type of equipment
    A terminal like Quintum, with the packet saver option could save you big bucks on bandwith.
    Good luck!!

FL

Thanks “noname”.
    I’m using VocalTec & Cisco at the moment. I read a lot of recommendations of QUINTUM. Have u try it? Do you know any Carrier Exchange (like ITXC) that has use it?
    Do you know how to connect different VoIP gateway products?

noname

Yes, I have some Quintums, now working on geting some Cisco Call manager on line.
    The Quintum is stable and very nice, as long as you stay away from the A200. That unit have some troubles and Quintum does not have control over the issues.
    I only play with quintum so far. Now I am on the procces to integrate the Quintums with a Cisco call manager. Not much experience yet, but still works with Cisco Call manager on the first try.

FL

Thanks “noname”.

Gary

FL – don’t be afraid to try out Cisco as well. They build a decent gateway, and offer excellent support.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.