Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Cisco uBR924

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marcos

Does anyone have any exposure to using these types of devices? Do they require certain firmware revisions to support Voice? Is that what Cisco calls an “image”?

Are they H.323 only? or do they support SIP as well?

Brion

UBR924 can support voice out of the box. However on reload your configuration is killed. I place a VOIP call from Colorado to NYC.

Marc

Brion,

Can you please be very elaborate on how you setup your Cisco uBR924 to place a call.

I recently got the Cisco uBR924 but I don’t the information needed to configure the voice-ports.

I am experienced with the overall use of the Cisco IOS, but I need the specific information needed to configure the voice ports, namely information on any freely available gateway out there.

Thanks,

Marc

Brion

Marc,

It’s pretty simple, configure the Ethernet port. Configure the voice ports and a dial-peer. If you look at the UBR924 guide on CCO you’ll get it in no time. It will take about 5 minutes to read and do it. After a few times, you’ll have it down in no time.

As far as a free gateway, I did a test Call from Denver going over my cable modem (AT&T) to another CCIE lab in NYC. all I used was UBR924, and my cable modem to accomplish this. If you are trying to learn voice gateways i can’t help there.

Brion

Marcos

I do not know if this device supports SIP. If it does , then the first link could be for you.

The second link has mention of a work in progress.

check out
    http://www.pulver.com/fwd/

http://www.neolineas.com/aplio.htm

Since you got this informtion in this forum, please post any results in the forum.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.