Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Quintum Help

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Deva

We have this problem that when we have local access and an 800 number targetted to the same hunt group on the same Quintum, how can we tell if a call is from the 800 number or the local number? We can always separate the channels into different trunk groups but that won’t be very effciently using the channels (lines). Any Quintum expert out there can help?

noname

I do not see how you will be able to do it. A 1800 call and a local call to the same number looks the same when you have a incoming.
    If you could see the ANI number and , you could ask your provider not to allow local calls to your 1800.
    At that point, any call arriving at your quintum that hava a I.D. that is not local (diferent area code than yours) you could asume that is a 1800 call.
    Good luck!!! By the way ,could you post what route do you have on Quintum???? Thanks!!!

Harold

It is possible if you use the Tenor D2400 or D3000. You can detect the DNIS (Dialed Number Identification Service)
    The next thing you must decide is what to do next upon receiving a call to the 1800 or the local number.

noname

Harold, I guess the DNIS is a service that you get if you get PRI (primary rate interface) or ISDN T1.Could you explain a little how it works???? It could help me in a project that I am involved.
    Thanks !!!!

Deva

Harold, with the DNIS I can tell the difference and thus, apply a different rate to the 800 calls. Doesn’t look like there is a very clean solution there.

Harold

DNIS tells you the number the caller called. The Tenor D2400 can pass this info to a flexible billing software and charge accordingly. Another use will be to use the DNIS to decide how to route the call.

TNet

Via a reliable RADIUS Server and it’s attributes applied, you can do this and apply multiple ratings.

Deva

TNet, Which RADIUS server are you talking about? If a gateway (i.e. D2400) sends DNIS (800 and local both) as a part of the attribute to a RADIUS server, I can see a good billing system should be able to apply a different rate. Have you done this? Pls let me know. Thanks.

clive

Hi

We have done somethingt similar too.

you can get me on clive18@webmail.co.za

regards
    Clive

TNet

Deva,

Yes we can do this, e-mail me at sales@tnetcommunications.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.