Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Cisco UBR924 and VOIP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TSG

Hello,

Fairly new to the game of VOIP, but figured to jump in head-first. Here’s the setup:

Currently have Cisco Cablemodem (UBR924) which supports VPN and VOIP.

Have configured H.323v2 Static Routing with analog phone connected to cable modem.

My problem is that I don’t have any phone numbers (ip addresses) to test this out.

Also…Mediacom assigns a 10.x.x.x address to the cable modem…will this prevent me from ‘receiving’ calls since there is no routable ip address for the modem itself? My PC’s have 12.x.x.x address and are routable, but I can’t ping or telnet to the cablemodem.

Thanks for any help!!

CB

TSG –

I will be watching this thread closely as I have the exact same setup as you… cisco uBR924 with Mediacom, same network addess ranges, etc. I’ll try to work on this too, but I’m fairly new to VOIP as well.

wilson

I do not know if this work, but I have a gatekeeper that is working on h323. If your cable modem is H323 compatible, you should be able to login into my gatekeeper and test.
    Let me know if you are interested in trying it out. I am curious to see if it works.
    Write to no spamwboyrie@yahoo.com
    Remove the word “spam”

TSG

FOUND A SOLUTION!!

If you are paying for multiple IP’s and know the IP address of one of them, assign that IP to the loopback address of the router.

e.g.

config t
    int l0 (thats a zero not letter O)
    ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.255 (has to be all 255’s)
    end
    wr mem

This will use the ip address of one of your machines, but you will be able to ping, telnet and make calls to the router.

It’s worth the extra $5.00 or so a month for the IP address unless you want to use NAT.

ALSO…make sure you set passwords on the router that people can’t guess. Since you are assigning a routeable IP address, people may try to hack it. 😀

CB – if you want to try it out, let me know and I’ll setup an answering machine or something for people to test it out with.

Wilson…if you know how to configure the gatekeeper…I’d like to see it work!! 😀

Shayne

CB

TSG –

Please send me an email to velvetleafNOSPAM@hotmail.com – remove the NOSPAM from the address.

I am really wondering what your config file for the modem looks like to successfully enable routing mode with mediacom. I’ve tried and tried for days without luck. I’m really close, but it still doesn’t work. I have a feeling that it may be my IOS version doesn’t fully support what I’m trying to do, but this isn’t the forum to discuss it.

Please email me if you could. Thanks!
    -CB

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.