Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

IP phones at home

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Florian

@George. Don’t get desperate. I purchased it in May and it was working. But hey, only lucky ones get something for nothing. We both knew the very low potential risk. If you didn’t want to take any risk, you would have called a local Cisco Distributor, selling the ATA186 for 150 USD or more.

My recommendation for you: Sign up with Vonage, cancel the membership after the free period and have them unlock your device after this. I guess there is no other way to protect your “investment” unless you can convince them to do it for nothing again after having given you 30% off ona device.

George

@florian. I don’t get desasperate but for 100 $ I expected limited functionalities which was OK for me not something for nothing! As a matter of fact I would have done that (buying it from a resseller). Can not sign-up!

MATA

Hello all
    If anyone got a clue and /or any news on how to unlock, factory reset the Vonage ATA I would appreciate that! gtel@email.com Rmrk: This is for private use only!
    Thanks !!

Patrizia

Hi everybody,

I have an exciting project, which, if succesfull, will aloow all the people who own a DSL line to be able to call the world with a portable IP phone.

I will try to explain it as much as possible ( you can also see my web pages at http://www.worldonip.com/community.

It is very simple.
    Instead of sharing the bandwidth to download illegal MP3 or movies, we share it to telephone for free.

You need to connect to your DSL line an access point, to place the antenna on a window. You do not even need to have the computer on 24 hours a day, just connecting the access point.
    You will create a ” Hot Spot” that every other member of the community will be able to use.
    You will then need a portable IP phone, you will connect to the Net either through your own Hot Spot or through the hot spot of any other member, wherever you will be ( all the continents will have people sharing hot spots.

A call with our device consumes maximum 20 k, thanks to to high compression of the voice and the quality is absolutely gorgeous.
    Our telephone will have a price around 200, 250 US dollars. An access poit costs not more than 100 US dollars.

The value of the investment highly overcomes the amount.

Imagine, being able to call for free for the rest of your life!!! And imagine what kind of doors opens a connection like that!

What do you think?

Patrizia

Marcos

Patrizia, How is what you are offering any different from what now a BUNCH of companies are offer, including one that has done it the longest?

What is the benefit of incorporating WiFi into the formula, for the end user that has no WiFi?

What you are proposing is already being done, although, another company still started a similar project last week. These projects will be worthless unless they are ALL connected together . Like IPtel.org and FWD do now, where one can call IPtel from FWD. When this happens, yes these services will offer a trmendous benefit. Now, however I have friends on FWD and SIP Phone (not IPTEL), I have to have 2 DIFFERENT services to call them both. If you want your service to succeed, connect it with every other service provider you can find for direct IP to ip calling, even the Deltathrees and the Packet8s

Patrizia

HI Marcos,

what we offer is SIP compatible, but I am sure if you could try the quality of our phones, you wouldn’t use a Sip phone anymore.
    You can use an Access point, to which you can connect any other device and you can use also the existing “Hot Spot”, which number is growing.
    Our phone is a real portable phone that uses the Internet protocol, has a chip to compress the voice, other possible features as the 1.000.000 bit encryption.
    The call with an IP phone over the Internet consumes maximum 20 K, wich for a DSL is almost nothing. I do not know if you saw my web pages at

http://www.worldonip.com/community

I really believe in my project, I think it is the best opportunity we have to build a real “Telecom” that belongs to the people.

Look what happened in Italy ( I am italian) they built the infrastructures almost 100 years ago and with the state’s ( people’s) money, we paid for them a very high price every month and they still go on sucking and waisting our money.
    We have to pay 24 Euro a month, just to be able to use the lines and then a huge amount for every telephone call.
    And there is nothing else. If you want a telephone you have to pay the Telecom Italia.

Even worse with the portables. You pay so much for every call!!! And without considering that nobody says it, because it is such a big business, but we are living in a real “microwave oven” with all the possible consequences.

Most of the old people I know have ” Altzheimer” which was an illness I didn’t know existed a few years ago.

If every one ( or just 1/10) of the people who own a DSL line would build a “Hot SPot” and connect it to his line. It costs around 100 dollars and the consume of bandwidth for telephoning is very low. As I said, if all would do it, we would be able to call with a portable phone everywhere at cost ZERO. ( of course you pay the DSL line, but you pay for it anyway)

And we offer a real portable, and the quality is even better than with a GSM!!!

And you can do things you can dream of doing with a GSM.

You can tranfer music, pictures, in the future videos and anything, all at cost ZERO.

Don’t you think it is amazing?

Patrizia

Naser

Hi Patrizia
    I have tried to access the page that you are talking about , but the access is denied

How can I get more Information. I have a Wireless router at home. How does your service differ from the FWD.pulver.com service. Pl feel free to contact me directly at nhqamar@hotmail.com.

Patrizia

Hi,

thank you for your interest.

Our phone will be able to connect to the NET through a “hot spot”, that means that for example, you are on holydays in Los Angeles and you check th map of the members’hot spots ( we will have one on our pages) you go at a distance of 500 meters from the hot spots , with our portable phone you dial the IP of another member, and wherever you are or he is you can talk for free. The important of course is that both are on the NET.

It will work exactly like a GSM, but instead of using a mast, we will use the people’s hot spots.

This will mean:

The infrastructure will belong to the people and NOT to the TELECOMS, you won’t have to pay any bill for using it.

The pollution will be zero. Do you know that the actual masts highly pollute the enviroment? Nobody says it, but we are like in a big microwave oven every day and the waves highly damage the brain cells.

I think these are reasons big enough to find a lot of enthusiastic members.
    I already found some very eager to begin.
    Of course the more the sooner we will be able to call all over the globe.

Our VOIP is fantastic, I can assure you it is better than the normal phone.

We will present our products on the ITU in Geneva from October 14th till 22nd and after that will begin to commercialize them.
    I am making a page where the interested can pre subscribe.

I will contact them with the price, distribution and all the technical details.

If you couldn’t access my pages it was my fault, I did a few changes and overdid.

Now you should be able to access them.

Kindest regards

Patrizia

Florian

Dear Patrizia
    I truly like you idea. Great Italian spirit. Your invention over what FWD and IPtel have done is the promise of lower bandwith with good voice quality (can you deliver on this?) and the freedom of wirefree connection. Even if it were just to use it by oneself in a home without sharing the connection to others. The sharing aspect is great but many people might have justified concerns to open their network to strangers. However the low bandwith promise alone is worth purchsing whatever low cost apparatus you will bring to the market. An ATA also costs money and needs an external wireless phone. I guess your devices have value added components built in, such as caller ID and SMS like services. In what your phone differs from a normal WiFi IP-Phone I have seen on Ebay? Why do you have a proprietary acess point, why not using a standard one? If you can answer for security purposes and ease of use (automatical roaming), I perfectly understand and support a separate hardware. Otherwise I need explanation.
    I may see you at the Telecom 03 fair in Geneva.

Marcos

I looked on the web site, I see no phone that has been described. I also see little real technical information, what protocols, etc. Its a great vision that anyone can have the vision, but what about attaining it? Does this phone yet exist? Or is it effectively a handheld cmputer configured for SIP(expensive) ?

FWD will also be supporting “Skinny” protocol.IN fact right now you can configure an ATA on FWD to use less bandwidth. Most device will operate with micro CODECS.

Patrizia

Hi,

I understand that people cannot believe in what I say, May be I myself wouldn’t, not knowing.
    It is several years we are talking about VoIP and its future, but till now in my opinion it could not have a bright future.
    Because when the voice quality is so low you cannot understand what the other says, it is better to go on using the normal lines and saving just not calling too much.

If anybody of you could use our phones I am sure he wouldn’t believe his ears.

I do not talk about technical details, first because I am not a technician, second because, as I said, the product will be ready to commercialize after the ITU show.
    We have a prototype and we are discussing with several manufacturers to have the best price ( with the best quality of course)

I do not think there are other wi-fi phones on Ebays and we differ in the fact that there is, for the moment, no other phone that can connect to a public “Hot Spot” and go on the NET.

Regarding the protocols : As a user you have to decide if you want quality or if you don’t care about. And if you don’t care about you are free to use any skinny or SIP device (well they might be cheap). But if you care, you need to use protocols, codecs and devices which deliver the quality
    (not compareable cheap – quality has it’s price).
    As simple as that.
    Besides, if something similar to what I propose could have been done, somebody else would have done it.I do not think I am the only visionary in this world.

I look forward to see you in Geneva, Florian.( seeing, in this case listening, is believing)

Patrizia

Patrizia

Hi,

I understand that people cannot believe in what I say, May be I myself wouldn’t, not knowing.
    It is several years we are talking about VoIP and its future, but till now in my opinion it could not have a bright future.
    Because when the voice quality is so low you cannot understand what the other says, it is better to go on using the normal lines and saving just not calling too much.

If anybody of you could use our phones I am sure he wouldn’t believe his ears.

I do not talk about technical details, first because I am not a technician, second because, as I said, the product will be ready to commercialize after the ITU show.
    We have a prototype and we are discussing with several manufacturers to have the best price ( with the best quality of course)

I do not think there are other wi-fi phones on Ebays and we differ in the fact that there is, for the moment, no other phone that can connect to a public “Hot Spot” and go on the NET.

Regarding the protocols : As a user you have to decide if you want quality or if you don’t care about. And if you don’t care about you are free to use any skinny or SIP device (well they might be cheap). But if you care, you need to use protocols, codecs and devices which deliver the quality
    (not compareable cheap – quality has it’s price).
    As simple as that.
    Besides, if something similar to what I propose could have been done, somebody else would have done it.I do not think I am the only visionary in this world.

I look forward to see you in Geneva, Florian.( seeing, in this case listening, is believing)

Patrizia

Marcos

Once again you dodged the details.ANYONE can take a SIP phone connect it to a small wireless to ethernet bridge and connect it to a “publicc” wireless network. I run a similar configuration here (grandstream SIP phone on an SMC 2670, and it works well! There is nothing new in that . In fact I have seen several companies now promoting SIP or Skinny portable phones that connect with Wi Fi. I use my grandstream with the 8kbps compression codec and have excellent results, except on one call to rural Mexico. That is more likely a call routing issue.

What is different about your technology that sets it apart? That users are connected to your server?

Patrizia

As I said before, it is a matter of quality.

Many years ago when we had the first tapes and first recording devices, I was quite satisfied with that quality.

Now a tape sounds terrible to my ears, there are people who are not even satisfied with CD quality and go back to the Vynil.

If you are satified and happy with your sustem, you really do not have any reason to change.

But progress is made by those people who are never satisfied and know there must be something better out there.

I like new technologies, I like to always think how that or the other can be improved.
    My big problem is that I get easily bored.

Have a great day

Patrizia

Patrizia

I forgot to highlight one thing.

With my Portable YOU DO NO NEED A COMPUTER.

That means you just carry a phone in your pocket and nothing else.

I think that itself MAKES a huge difference.

( without considering the quality)

Patrizia

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.