Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

IP phones at home

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Paul

Question –

I have broadband at home.

My friend has broadband at home.

Is there an IP phone available that will allow us to talk to each other directly ? Not interested in “soft phones”. I’m in the UK.

Thanks !!

Paul

Keith

I use this product for the same purpose and it works very well…

http://members.rogers.com/qiiq/products/productsQFONEALL.htm

wilson boyrie

I do not know the price for this phone. It looks very nice. There is also a minimun VOIP phone sold by a company in Scotland. The price is $80 U.S. dollars each and works very nice for your aplication
    E mail if you want the contact info for that company.

hatespamwboyrie@yahoo.com

YK

I use this product for the same purpose and it works very well…

http://www.nmtel.com

Nasser

Where can I get this nmtel product and how much doe is cost approximately.

Nasser

Gary

Buy a VM2100 from the folks at SysMaster. It has a built in speaker phone as well, and is quite nice.

louise300

Here’s another supplier of cyberphones or IP phones !

http://www.voipvoice.com

Muarrij

Can anyone tell me if its possible without using a 3rd party, to make calls from one IP phone to another IP phone – e.g. from London to Paris?
    So I simply want to plug in and configure an IP phone within my broadband network and another on my friends network in Paris. But Do NOT want to pay any 3rd party providors?
    Thanks!

Tom

Yes, it easy. You just call the other person’s IP address. The call goes peer to peer across the Internet and costs you nothing.

I do it every day.

kukucs

You can use an cisco ATA 186 that costs $90 on Amazon. Then just dial the public ip using SIP or use Pulver Free World Dialup that is free….

Tom

But, he already has an IP phone, so he doesn’t need an ATA 186. The cheapest I found was USD 179 on Amazon, although ebay have them cheaper.

Florian

Tom. Make sure both your phones talk the same protocol. The ATA186 talks SIP and H323 depending on the firmware used.
    Amazon is selling a 99USD Vonage Digital Voice package. But I am not sure whether you can use that cheapo ATA so easily since it ships without a user licence.

Muarrij

Hi Tom, Florian et all…
    When you say “Then just dial the public ip using SIP or use Pulver Free ” what exactly do you mean?
    Plus Amazon.com is charging $179.99 dollars for that ATA 186. I presume thats an IP phone?
    The software they are charging another $100 for. Plus they wont ship to the UK.

Are there any IP phones that I can buy in the UK, that will work simply? Do you recommend any good ones?

Florian

Muarrij. I recommend by all means using an SIP compliant phone. I am just in the process of shopping around now for the best deal. I guess Europe has not gotten awake on the VoIP issue. So I believe you will not find a competitive price in the U.K.

Where do you want to call with VoIP. If you want to dial a POTS telephone, you will need a gateway (Internet telephony provider) such as iconnecthere.com (my personal best “look and feel”, never actually used) or vonage.com or packet8.net. If your aim is to call a friend who has a similar SIP device, you are invited for free to use fwdnet.net (pulver free as mentioned above in the thread). All what this service is doing is keeping track of your IP address and linking that with a personal “IP-phonenumber” given to you. If your friend is using the same service you can dial his number instead of his IP address and you don’t need to hassle in order to find out his ever changing dynamic IP address.

Muarrij

Thanks Florian. Although I regularly work with Voip, IPCC etc in the office Im not too clued up on the best deals for the home.

Does anyone know of sellers in the UK of VOIP phones that work well and are easy to install. Also web address of phone numbers would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.