Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RADIUS Server

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Richard kim

hi there

I’m looking looking for RADIUS Server for VoIP AAA

if someone already use Radius server let me know, and where can I download Radius base on win2000 server

thanks

Dave

What type of AAA are you planning to use the RADIUS Server for? prepaid and/or post paid. What is the gateway you plan to use the RADIUS Server with?

Not all RADIUS Servers handle Voip AAA authentication. Radius was originally designed for dial up AAA. So between dialup data AAA and Voice traffic AAA the RADIUS Attributes are completely different.

Dave
    TNetcommunications.com

Richard kim

thanks for your prompt reply

I want use Radius for prepay, postpay and wholesale

and our gateway is Lucent, cisco , web phone and other 4/8 port gateways ..

thanks

Dave

Richard,

We currently with Cisco and Quintum hardware in a real-time RADIUS architechture for prepaid and post paid AAA. In regards to Lucent, we could probably do something like extract the CDR info. and import it into the database however this probably wouldn’t be a prepaid application using the Lucent hardware. Do they have Radius attributes to work with?

Dave

FLASH

Are there any commercial level RADIUS servers (preferably on Linux, with Oracle as backend DB) that work with cisco 5400 gateways? How do these RADIUS servers ACTUALLY interface with the gateway? I mean are there API’s? In which language are they available? I read about a Java-based RADIUS server that provides high level API’s. Any comments? Suggestion? Guidelines?

I’d appreciate a quick reply.

Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.