Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

VoIP in Dubai and Dubai Internet City

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sandeep

Hi,

I am not a techie but an entrepeneur and unlike most others I do not wish to setup a Contact Center but I first wish to give business to contact centers to prove my revenue model then setting up one or buying one is not an issue.

I am in a position to generate substantial business volumes from Dubai, UAE. While I am aware VoIP is illegal in Dubai it is obviously not so in Dubai Internet City as their entire telecom system is based on VoIP.

Now my question is this. If I were to have clients in Dubai where the call originates – would it be possible (strictly from a legal point of view) to route the calls to an Indian Contact Center via Dubai Internet City? Help would be appreciated (and guidance to firm documentation even more so!)

Thanks.

Sandeep

Rommel

Hi Sandeep,

The question is largely a regulatory one. Dubai Internet City hops their traffic off to the PSTN to the best of my knowledge and does not provide “toll arbitrage” type services. This basically looks like a large campus based pbx to the PSTN.

Since this is the case, it leads me to believe that it is _probably_ illegal to pass traffic via IP without giving the PTT in India the proper toll. You definitely should check with a lawyer that deals with Telecom regulations in that region though.

Regards,

Rommel

Sandeep

Hi Rommel,

Thanks for your input. Im definately on the searchfor professional legal advise and have also contacted Etisalat (the telecom dept.)

Thanks once again.

Sandeep

Manjeet

Hey Sandeep,
    Have you followed up with Etisalat. COuld you let me know what they said ?
    Thank You

Sandeep

Yes I have, and it is not possible as (their reasoning) Etisalat would lose revenue!!!

Maybe in a couple of years!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.