Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Tuning VoIP – Artisoft

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jhernandez

I have implemented a VoIP solution for a customer. I have VoIP going through a sonicwall firewall, over a T-1 Circuit. The endusers are using Polycom IP400 sets at their home offices. I need some advice on tuning the VoIP solution. Any information is appreciated.

Steve

If it’s behind the firewall, you need to have to appropriate ports open for the protocol to pass through. Usually voice system requires tcp ports 1779~1786, and udp ports 10000~20000. If you wanna fine tune the ports, use a port monitor or norton personal firewall software to pick out the exact port.

kbowman

Hey, jhernandez, do you by any possible chance have the firmware updates for the IP400? I’m on 1.0.3, and can’t seem to make it work yet..

Thanks!
    Ken

jhernandez

Kbowman,

BootROM Ver that I am using for the IP400 sets is 1.0.3. What PBX are you using and what is your configuration? Maybe there is something else.

kbowman

jhernandez,

I’m unable to get it to do much more than download the .cfg file.. it sends a quit immediately afterwords. I’m using the TeleVantage cfg examples (trying to get it to work on straight h.323 gateway)

kbowman

Ok.. I take it back.. after looking at the ftp logs, it doesn’t even download the macaddress.cfg or the 000…cfg file. it just does a “list” and then a “quit”.

ken

jhernandez

When you say you are trying to get it to work ona straight h.323 gateway, do you mean the gateway built into the televantage product. I know with Televantage you can either use the make shift wftp32.exe file as a makeshift ftp site or use the ftp services on your server. Which of the two are you using, if any? Also are you going through a fire wall. If you are using one of the two ftp solutions and going through a fire wall, make sure that you have the following ports opened up. Assuming your using one to one nat for your ftp and voip traffic. ftp one to one nat TCP Ports 20, 21. VoIP one to one nat udp ports 2222-2242, 1718-1719 and TCP Port 1720. Again on my implementation I was using a televantage server with a sonicwall firewall. I was using the ftp service on the televatage server. Also, I had a dialogic VoIP card. If your implementation is similar this info will be helpful.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.