Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

subjective quality test for audio codecs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ali

I am doing Kinda research on VoIP audio codecs. I dont know much practically about VoIP functionality. In this rearch I have to make a web site in which i have conduct a VoIP subjective quality test. In simple words i m gnna put a wave file on this web site and this weve file will played by using different audio codecs available on that site.

My 1st question is can u ppl tell me some sites from where i can download thes audio codecs like G.711 , G.729 , G.721 , and etc and any other which u people can suggest?

And second thing is that if i have a wave file then wat is the way to play it by using these codecs,, like i have a wave file and i have download G.729 , now how i can play this wave file by using this codec G.729?

I m waiting for ur replies

Ali

Mike

You will need to encode your wav file all the different formats you want to test with. This however is not a true test.

I don’t know if you will be able to find a codec that will ‘broadcast’ your wav file while encoding it. However, you should be able to find utilities that encode the file and allow you to save it.

Here is one for the G.711 to get you started. Use google to search for others.

http://ilmari.siba.fi/users/pdonner/G711Tool.htm

Good luck

HHJ

Mike,

Do you have experience configuring and tuning QoS for a VoIP solution through the internet. I mean setting Jitter settings and such. I have a VoIP solution that I have implemented recently and at times it is good and other times it is crappy. I am having trouble tuning since it is such a new technology.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.