Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

H323 behind Pix firewall

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sodom

I am trying to run Cisco Ata 186 with H323 behind Cisco PIX firewall.

Is there anybody who managed such work and can help me, what must be done. The only info that i got is this is possible with SSCP fixup protocol.

JH

Doesn’t Cisco’s Tech support help you with this? I configured a VoIP solutions through a sonicwall and got zero support from the manufacturers. Is this the situation with Cisco?

Steve

I just replied another msg of the same issue on voice system behind firewall. If it’s behind the firewall, you need to have to appropriate ports open for the protocol to pass through. Usually voice system requires tcp ports 1779~1786, and udp ports 10000~20000. If you wanna fine tune the ports, use a port monitor or norton personal firewall software to pick out the exact port. Good luck.

R

If you are doing H323, thne you need to fixup 323 not sccp.

Marcos

Sodom:

I´m using a Cisco ATA 186 behind a PIX and the only thing I`ve done is give the ATA a public address in “TRANSLATION RULES” and let any access form outside in “ACCESS RULES” (there´s no security issues with that).

Marcos

pay close attention to the firmare image version you are running too! Hopefully the latest version!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.