Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RTP capture

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ritesh Alagh

Hi All,

We are developing a application which captures RTP data from a Specific Ip address and port.

If we try to transmit rtp data to the local port(port on the same machine where the transmitting application is running), and try to capture data using another rtp capture application running on a different machine in the LAN, we r not able to receive any data,
    but on the other hand if we transmit RTP data to a machine say M1 on LAN and try capturing this RTP data by running RTP capture application on M1, then i get success,

Can anyone guide us wht may the error.

Hugo

Try H.245, out of band s far more reliable than RTP.

Voip

Not sure I understand Hugo’s comments..

Well if you are transmitting to the local port on the same machine, then the IP packets never leave the LAN port. Sure they are transmitted internally on teh PCI bus, but there is no transmission accros the lan hence another machine cannot see the packets.

What is this application you are developing for by the way, analysis or eavesdropping?

dilip vagadia

Hi All,

We are developing a application which captures RTP data from a Specific Ip address and port.

If we try to transmit rtp data to the local port(port on the same machine where the transmitting application is running), and try to capture data using another rtp capture application running on a different machine in the LAN, we r not able to receive any data,
    but on the other hand if we transmit RTP data to a machine say M1 on LAN and try capturing this RTP data by running RTP capture application on M1, then i get success,

Can anyone guide us wht may the error. or free demo software

Ritesh Alagh

Hi VoIP,

This is a kind of supervisor application i am trying to make for my IP based setup.

I am having a setup of a IP Phone calling a soft IP Phone (a PC based IP phone) and i am able to sniff UDP packets. 🙂 thru my lan card.

Now the problem 🙁 i am facing is i want to convert these raw UDP/RTP packets to any recognized voice format.

How can i do this?????????

Ritesh Alagh

Hi Dilip,

i am doing it on 2 different PCs on Lan and finding no problem. Pls specify ur problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.