Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

VoIP & ADSL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Arclight

I’ve read a bit about the VoIP and use with ADSL but the hardware is very expensive. Is there anyway that you can get like a software “phone” and use a normal microphone? instead of paying £200 for a phone that does the same purpose.

James Wilson

I’ve never heard a softphone that sound good. Hardware works much better than software in this case.

kevin gray

Arclight, you can get a device that plugs into the usb port on the pc and then use a bog standard tel to do the job

Arun M Prabhu

device that plugs into the usb port on the pc and then use a bog standard tel to do the job

Tony

It depends on how you are connecting. We use cable modems with a vpn tunnel back to the core network and softphones from that. We had some teething troubles but it seems to work ok

Super Juul

Hey Arclight, take a look at the Cisco Softphone, it works very nicely and allows you to do whatever you can do with a normal phone as well.

The downside is of course that Cisco isn’t very cheap, but I’m sure you can lay your hands on the Cisco IP Softphone for little or no costs…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.