Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

FXS and FXO

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    arijit

Hi,
    Can anyone help me about the difference between FXS & FXO. More precisely i want to know where they acually fit in PSTN.
    What are the devices that can b attached to FXS and FXO.

I studied a lot, but more i study the more i get confused.

Help me please.

Arijit

Muzammil

Hi,
    FXS/FXO are very simple….

FXS(Foriegn eXchange Station) and FXO (Foreign eXchnage Office) are loopstart analogue telephony interface, Wherein we connect analog telephones.

In FXS port we can directly connect analog stations. An FXS device which hosts the interface provides 50 volts supply to the line.

But in FXO port is basically used to connect the PBX. i,e FXO to a PBX and then to analog phones.

Muzammil.

crepe

I am even more confuse than ever fxs amd fxo? lol

Moya

In simple terms….
    FXS
    You connect a telephone/Fax to the FXS device so you can make a call. The ATA 186 would be a perfect example of this.

FXO
    You connect a telephone line, from a local telco, to the FXO device.

Hope this helps a bit.

Moya

Ben

can anyone help me find a decent fxo/fxs from a company other than audiocodes or cisco?

Noname

FXS gateways are a dime a dozen. Seems like everyone made one.

FXO seems to be slighly harder to find.

If you need something with FXO and FXS, quintum is a nice option. Not top of the line quality, but you could buy it without a loan frm the bank.

Just stay away from the Quintum A200 ‘s. They are junk.

Pete

Ben,

QTelNet (www.qtelnet.com) makes FXO & FXS 2 port gateways that are decent.

blank

QTelNet gateways are approx $800.00 CAD. FXS or FXO. An IP phone that they make is $875.00 I would reccommend an ericsson fxs on ebay right now for $230.00 US for a pair plus shipping. I just got two, they run the exact same CPU firmware. FXO: go with QTelNet. I have 2 they work great for this app. Easy to set up too!

Dan C

Mr Blank,

I sell the QTelNet gateways for $575.00 US and phones for $600.00 US. I dont normally sell the phones as we supply nice analogue phones with an FXS as a package then you can use both lines of the FXS at one time. You are right they are easy to set up especially compared to Cisco products!

Faheem

Can any one tell me good ITSP name supporting SIP. ITSP should give good price and quality

richard

just go to qtelnet.com and open the tutorial pages, there you will see the diference between the FXO and FXS

Regards,
    Richard Novoa
    richard.novoa @ digital-ip.net

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.