Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Thesis on VoIP PBX

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Madison Vipson

In a few days i shall be working on a thesis which concerns the design of a Server Based PBX. A number of voice cards will be used to implement a standards based VoIP PBX and gateway.

Do you know of a good resource centre where i can acquire such knowledge? I’ve skimmed trough some RPCs but none of them talks on a server based PBX design with sound cards.

The whole PBX will be effectively a normal pentium based workstation equipped with some 3 or 4 sound cards…

All help will be really appreciated.

Thanks.
    Madison Vipson.

Dana

You may want to try Avaya’s web site, http://www.avaya.com. They are adopting a similar approach to converged voice and data networks where most of the platforms are primarily COTS HW and operating systems. They are focusing more on the SW aspects of voice call processing. Don’t know if there are any good white papers available on their approach or not.

Regards,
    Dana

Clifford

AVAYA does not have a real PCBX yet. There approach like Dana says is similair. The IP600 is proberbly the product that fits the profile. Most of the technical specs are only availible from the web if you are a business partner
    Intel is something you’re may be interesseted in aswell:
    Intel converged communication platform
    ftp://download.intel.com/apac/eng/network/ICCP_over.pdf

regards,

Cliff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.