Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Can you Design VOIP with me….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Addie

Well. I have simple question. I need to design VOIP network for my company. I am having VOIP service provider. It follows standard compression & H.323 . Now How can I keep record my VOIP calls record and make easy rounting as per my requirement.

In other words.. What sort of GateKeeper will work. with AAA facilities as well. & What other factors to be considered.

Voipman

Radvision gatekeepers are good with H.323 endpoints.Check them out… http://www.radvision.com

Rene Bo

I have been involved in designing a few networks, but you need to be more specific in describing the setup, number of subscribers, number of minutes, is it postpaid or prepaid. One or 2 stage dialling. Are we talking retail or wholesale. Will the gatekeeper need to be in control of the call, or letting it go after the callsetup. Will it need H323 firewalling to hide your networkstructure from partners.

If unsure take any old ciscorouter and give it an GK IOS, that will get you going.

Addie you need to be more specific..

Rene Bo
    http://www.digiquant.com

Samir Ahsan

I have to design a VoIP network for my company. Can anyone suggests me the relevent information or the resources. Or any prefered productsS and service providers

Samir

Rene Bo

To Samir:
    I dont get your point, how will your question help solve the routing and AAA issues in the original post ??

The generel info you are looking for is all over the internet and usenet, go find it !!

/Rene Bo

Addie

Hello Rene

Thanks for your response. Could you please call me at 607-776-5797

Regards
    Addie

Rene Bo

Since you left out countrycode I assume you are in US ??

Samir Ahsan

To Rene

Thanks for the response.
    I have visited lots of sites and resources, but i am not able to find the relevent papers. As i want to start from a scratch. I know the technology i want to work on each segment. Like routing, protocols, compression etc.

I hope u will help me and guide me a little.

With regards!

Samir

Addie

Dear Rene

Yes I am in USA. Please either call me or leave your number. In case I am away in some meeting please leave voice mail message.

Regards

Rene Bo

Hi Samir

Here is a general describtion of voip.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/rt/mc3810/prodlit/pvnet_in.htm

Rene Bo

Rene Bo

Hi Addie

Depending upon where in the US your living timedifference is an issue.

Im in Singapore, GMT +8. :-))

How come it is usually US citizens that forget countrycodes??, I mean the westernized USA is a very young country, barely a few hundreds years old. They should be able to remember the presence of the rest of the world. :-))

Ask the questions here, then everyone can benefit.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.