Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Help AS5300 and Telco Integration

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dan

I have Cisco AS5300 router with 4 T1 interfaces and 48 line Voice card. I am an IT person myself and I know about cisco routers but not specifically VOIP or AS5300. Now, I want to setup a pre-paid calling card business. I have a T1 data line (Internet) ready and I bought the billing software. What I need with the help is I am not sure what I should ask the local phone company to enable my customers dial a local phone number from their homes. There should at least be 24 simultaneous connections.

Please help if you can. I am stuck and your help with be greatly appreciated.

Vlasis

Hello Dan,

What country are you in? If you could post your email on the list perhaps I could give you a hand.

We are in the prepaid calling card business too.

Regards,
    Vlasis.

Dan

Hello Vlasis,
    I am located in the USA, Your help will be greately appreciated.

my email is danrobertson39@hotmail.com

Dan

if I were you I would contact an LD carrier to get an 800# that you own. Assuming you are originating traffic to allow for folks to call in. If not just use a single local number. Ask for PRI circuits and plug it in. All you have to figure out is what switch type they are using and configure accordingly.

Dan

I am only targeting customers who leave in one single area code. Won’t it be cheaper to use one single local number trunked into a Pri circuit compared to a 800 number. Can you kind tell me which interface of the router that line from the phone company would attach to. If it attaches to the one of the T1 lines then, where the Internet data line attach to.

Thank you for all those who answered my questions

Jim

hello Vlasis ,
    Regarding the calling card business and VoIP , I’m also interested and would appreciate to getting inf from you un-selfish expert guys.

Thanks
    Jim

Vlasis

Hello,

Perhaps a toll free line would be better. It makes it “easier” for your clients to call you.

You just have to include the cost per minute in the cost per minute for the call.

All you have to do is ask at you telco for a toll free number and they will give you as many T1 as you need for this number…

to discuss in more details.

Regards,
    Vlasis.

clive

Hi Dan / Vlasis

I have a question regarding a similar setup we have.

Is it possible to have 2 access numbers, one for calling cards and one for dial-thru, (without voice prompts).

Just not sure how to set this up to do both.

Thanks
    Clive

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.