Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

128KBPS How many seats on VOIP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Samatar

Can anyone tell me how many simultaneous conversatons (lines) can a 128KBPS VSAT internet connection give me on VOIP.

Thanks

Samatar

zafar al masood

Actually T1 24 lines, However if you can manage E1 30 Telephone (with RAD equipments)

voip

Samatar,
    It depends on the type of codec compression you are using for Voip and on the type of equipment you are using.
    For example G723 uses some 6.3 kbps of bandwidth, and on top of this you must add any protocol overheads (such as RTP (or proprietry) and UDP headers).

I hope this helps..

francisco

Also you need to know if your internet VSAT is symetric. You might have higher bandwidth to you than reverse (asymetric). Also are you going to carry data traffic ? how much ?, how congested is your provider ?

Vaidas

How could I know how much of my bandwith uses my ATA 186 phone? How can I choose what codec to use? It depends on softwere(hardware) of gatekeeper or is it programmed in the ATA?

Thaks for answer.

Tester

Lets not forget the latency that will be encoutered on the path to and from the satellite. Based on my work with Satellites I would suspect latency will be an issue.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.