Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

VoIP phone on private network

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mika

I am trying to get my VoIP phone work on my internal network. I have a linux box which is connected to the internet and masquerades (using iptables) all traffic originating from my internal network. At this stage my VoIP phone was not even able to login to the gatekeeper. Then, I configured by linux box to forward all traffic coming from the VoIP gatekeeper/gateway to my VoIP phone. My VoIP phone is now able to login to the gatekeeper but unable to make calls. Any suggestions? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Mika

helper

If you’re just making calls on your local network why is the linux box forwarding the packets? If you’re using NAT on the linux box this is a problem for H323 (uses embedded Ip addresses and ports in call signalling/control messaging).

mika

Thanks for responding.
    Sorry for the confusion. I think I should have said that the VoIP phone is assigned a private IP address since only my linux box is connected to the internet and that I am using NAT. Could you please elaborate on what you mean by saying that H323 uses embedded Ip addresses and ports in call signalling/control messaging. Is there a way to get over this problem.

Thanks
    Mika

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.