Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

channel banks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Ian Smith

Hi

I have a cisco5300 to cisco5300 connection between london and another location , where the cisco is connected to a carrier access channel bank which in turn is connected to normal pstn lines.
    The call seems to be hitting the channel bank fine as engineer can patch into channel bank and hear me , but channel bank does not seem to send call on.
    Has anyone faced this problem before.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rommel

Yeah sounds like an answer supervision issue with the channel bank. Go with Adtran’s intelligent one…i cant remember which one it was but the carrier access corp seems to have some timing issues with their answer supervision.

TAC

See the “answer supervision” post above this one. If you want great ASR values, the Pleiades Communications Channel bank has an option that uses tones and voice to generate answer supervision. The same option can provide disconnect supervision that prevents “hung channels”. http://www.pleiadescom.com

teh

Hi TAC,

could you explain what is the definition of ASR. HOw’s the diff beteen the ASR for Voice over PSTN switch and VoIP? Do we consider poor internet connection as bad ASR?

Thanks.

Junior

Rommel,

I think you have confused Adtran with Pleiades unit. The Pleiades unit is the only CB that detects voice for answer supervision.

Graham

Hello,

I am looking to connect several sites up over pstn lines, using VoIP, can anyone recommend any products?

Cheers

Graham

Greg Vance

Hello Graham,

I suggest you go to Linux-support.net web site. You’ll find a product called Asterisk that will support VoIP and they also have hardware cards available (E1 and FX0) .

NC

I recommend the Pleiades T1 VAD (real ASG) Units, Those are the ones i use most often in the field. Work like a charm and are the best priced babies in the category.

Raul

try the Orion channel bank with voice activity detection. Works excellent. http://www.oriontelecom.com

Premnath

Hello,
    I have 30 PSDN line and these are connected to E1 card in my Lucent PABX via Pleiades CB. The problem is when I dial a call from the PBX extention, the call goes through and after call is answered, the line gets disconnected in about 5 secs. Anyone has any solutions?

Thanks
    Premnath

Zopa

hi Rommel,

Answer supervision as noting to do with what Ian Smith explained “channel bank does not seem to send call on”..

AS or DS leads to inacurate billing system. if a call does not connect, that does not mean it ‘s AS prb.

in Ian Smith ‘case, he problem may likely be signalling or switche(s) setting on the Channel Bank/signalling

Hi Zopa,

Actually you are incorrect, in order for the egress gateway to send the h.225 connect it needs to understand that the “line” has connected. Without answer supervision, no connect, without any connect, no billing.

OKON

WE ARE A BUDDING ISP FACED WITH DIRE COPPER SHORTAGE, WHICH MAKES IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO ADD MORE VOICE CIRCUITS TO OUR NETWORK.

THE OPTION WE ARE TOLD IS TO DEPLOY A “CHANNEL BANKS” EQUIPMENT ON THE PSTN END AND OUR POP THAT TAKE TWO PAIRS OF COPPER WIRE AND BREAK THE SIGNAL OUT OF THEM INTO 24 SEPERATE VOICE CHANNELS.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION?

OKON MKPANAM
    CIO

Ahmad

Use the Orion E1 or T1 GSM channel banks. No answer supervision issues. It is the best solution I have seen available so far.
    http://www.oriontelecom.com

Appan KH

The channel bank is for to connect E1/T1 to analogue lines. The channel banks are complex in nature and difficult to maintain. The best solution is to go in for analogue gateways like Tenor 800,etc..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.