Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

VoIP compared with VoMPLS

• This topic has 33 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 21 years ago by eligijus.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    JOSE QUINTERO

RICK,

There is a solution to connect Media Gateway to a MPLS Network, in this case you do not need VoIP, you will have VoMPLS.

Regards

JIQ

Eduardo

JIQ : Did you get my mail ?

Im currently studding the use of MPLS in 3G (UMTS). Current 3G standards are based on ATM, but thoughts on evolving to a IP/MPLS-based network infastructure is discussed.

Since ATM is used from the BTS (Base Tranciver Station) to the GGSN (Gateway GPRS Service Node), it might be possible in the future when/if MPLS coexist with ATM (or maybe it will just be IP/MPLS ๐Ÿ™‚ that VoMPLS could be utilize in UMTS?

( and this im not sure about : but if they’re gonna use VoATM, they surely can utilize VoMPLS also ? Just thoughts for me to work on… comments would be helpful ๐Ÿ™‚

EP

henge

Eduardo:
    how are you?
    I’m a doctor student in china, now i am studying MPLS,especially about Vompls, but I have few sources about vompls, i saw your discuss, so i want to get your help,can you email some sources about it? Thank you very much!

boubker

hi all;
    eduardo;
    i’m morrocan student? i’m working in the same project as you: i’m studding the possibility of the use off voip over mpls as a solution for transport of voice in the core network! i have some docs related to that, but it’s not enough! so if you want that i share what i have, with you .
    just write me to my @mail: boubker.aissaouy@meditel.ma
    regards.

Bipin

Hi Guys,

What I make from the discussion is that not many ppl know about the two things or may be at least there is much ignorance about the relation between the two topics.

I have been tracking the subject for quite sometime, but lately the VoMPLS is not getting to pick up or may be is delayed for the time being. Even the MEGACO mailing list is confused and skeptical about the issue.

There is one internet draft if anyone is interested can go through it draft-kankkunen-vompls-fw-01.txt.txt but if there are any specific query’s may be i can try to answer.

Thanks
    BT

Webmaster

That address doesn’t work for me. Are you sure it’s right?

Bipin

Its not an address its an internet draft, u need to search for it on net, may be u can find it on the megaco work group on ietf

Harald

Hi guys,
    Do you think the RQP with RX3 node will make VOIP faster if we are behind the T3 lines?

thanx

Harald

Eduardo

Henge :

If you have an email addr. Ill se what i can do… ๐Ÿ™‚

Bipin

Hi Eduardo,
    Email id is bipin_tomar@yahoo.com

henge

Eduardo:
    my email is puchenge@yahoo.com

Thank you very much!

Robert

Eduardo:

I am doing surveys of from VoIP to VoMPLS, and it’s appreciated if any advise is given.
    my email is cwen56@yahoo.com

Thank you very much!

Hristo Stoev

Hellow, I’m searching an explicit publication about VoIP, including explanation of specific abbreviations and working principles of hardware. If someone has something suitable, he may send me info to my e-mail, listed below. Thanks a lot.

makka

Hi! Guys

From last one month I am trying to figure out the scenario intergarting VOIP and MPLS to choose the topic for my graduate project. Can anybody give me right suggesstion from where I should begin, I mean some scenarios ?

Bipin Tomar

Hi Makka,
    For integrating VoIP with MPLS a good place to start off is draft-kankkunen-vompls-fw-01.txt.
    HOwever there could be many differnt scenarios for using MPLS for VoIP. Try eploring the differnt VoIP architectures (TIPHON etc.).
    Rgds
    Bipin Tomar

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.