Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

IP phones interfaces

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JD

Hi

I would like to know what are the existing interfaces between ip phones and headsets or other end-user appliances (conferencing, …)

(let guess USB is overwhelming in the area of soft phones, but what about hard IP phones?)

Additionnaly I’m interested in an overview of interfaces between the phones and the networks

any info welcome in this forum

thanks for help!!!!

jd

Tony Friar

Hi,

I’ve not seen headsets being used a great deal with ‘hard’ IP phones but the times that I have seen them being used they’ve been the the same type that connect to traditional TDM PABX featuresets.
    The curly RJ11 handset cable which connects from the bottom of the feature phone to the handset is removed from the bottom of the phone and plugged into a headset base. Another curly cable then goes from the headset base and into the bottom of the feature phone.

Obviously this wouldn’t work on ‘hard’ IP phones which do not use rj11 curly cables or other open connectors.

The headset unit I saw being used had the ability to switch between headset and handset by pressing or de-pressing a button.

With regards to the interfaces between the phones and the networks I have only ever seen ethernet RJ45 being used to plug into the LAN.

regards

Tony

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.