Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Answer supervision

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Mohammad Saman

Hi all,
    I am currently running voip with cisco as5300 hooked upi to channel banks that go out to the PSTN via analog lines. In the target country answer supervision signals are not detected and hence create billing problems. Does anyone know of a workaround for this. I have been told that there are small DSP boxes that detect voice activity and emulate AS when needed. Any info is appreciated.

hazem al bassam

i know that most GOOD (5000$ ones) comes with very good Call supervision

ACP

Maybe you can diable the comfort/waiting tone sending from Cisco. Do let me know if it helps.

TAC

There is a channel bank made by Pleiades Communications that has answer supervision built-in for around $4K, but you would have to replace your existing channel bank.

Aushman

Is any one know any channel bank working with Cisco 5300 t1 model with IOS 12.1(5).

Can Mohammad tell me how you done your Cisco setup.

Mohammad Saman

I solved this problem with Paleadis software as TAC said. I also got their distributorship since it was a good product. It solved my problem. If you need one I have good reseller prices.

Aushman

MOhammad, can you please tell me what is your Cisco AS5300 model(E1 oe T1 ).and IOS version.And what type of signalling you used in CAS .( E&M WINK or what )
    Also tell me what would be the ChannelBank best price .

mohammad saman

CAS as5300 IOS ???????
    I’ll have a price Monday

ciao

Aushman

Since Cisco AS5300 want suport CAS immediate start with FXO , which CAS signalling did you used. Please provide some more details .

mohammad saman

I used FXO ground start

Aushman

Mohammad in my Cisco IOS there no FXO signalling in CAS .I have only Wink Start , FXS only.Please tell me what is your IOS version on your AS5300.Might be my version have problems.

R

FXO is an analog technology. CAS would be channel associated signalling which cisco uses on their digital circuits.
    What interface did you want configured? What is it connecting to?

Aushman

R , I have T1 digital interface.In this case please tell me what would be my T1 COntroller config for Cisco for CAC channel Bank connection.

Rommel

The CAC doesnt work with the AS5300 because of its ans sup timing. Just make the controller fg-b or wink start and have the cac understand that….they should have 3 dip switches on the t1 ingress. Flip A and B up. You will only have one way traffic not bi-directional.

FXS—CAC—5300

Aushman

Rommel, My application is not FXS , I need FXO .Will this CAC work with Cisco for Termiantion for FXO.Also what you mean by One way.Is that one way Audio.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 103 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.