Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

ss7 in voip

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Rommel

Its possible that translation occurs on the gateway, some vendors have done this. It does require translation though. In MGCP, the translation would occur on the call agent not the gateway since the gateway is dumb.
    Folks like media ring are doing h323 to sip conversion on an IP – IP gateway.
    There is no clear cut answer on how and where to translate the messages. It will depend on the vendor implementation.

iliana Damianova

Thank you. I want to understand difference between GK and MGC.
    If they are different, how are they connected in H.323 network(about protocols).
    I think signaling gateway(SG) only converts SS7 into IP signaling,but i don’t know how SG connects to MGC/GK in H.323 network (without sigtran protocol).

Rommel

GK is an optional logical entity in an H323 network. It provides address resolution, registration and status.
    In MGCP, the MGC or call agent is the controlling entity of the solution. It tells the endpoint what to do and how to do it.
    In 323 the endpoints ask the gatekeeper what to do. In MGCP the endpoints are told by the MGC/CA what to do.
    Not everyone uses as separate signaling gateway, some do. I have seen a few call agents that use an “Ulticom” card to term1nate layers MTP layers 1-3 and then parse the various parameters of the ISUP message to create the call.
    If there is a “signaling gateway” then most folks use a proprietary method to encapsulate and send uppper layer messages, sometimes those SGs term1nate MTP layers 1-3 sometimes only 1-2 and pass the rest up to a more intelligent entity who can parse the message.
    The ultimate answer is today its primarily proprietary to connect a SG to a network. Rule of thumb:
    In an MGCP environment the SG always talks to the CA or MGC. The signaling gateway can use the sigtran protocols to transport that information to the CA or it can use a proprietary mechanism. The reality of the situation is that SCTP, M3UA, M2UA, SUA and all the sigtran methods are still in the development phase for vendors. Even if they were already built, the intelligent endpoint would still have to understand the SCTP encapsulation as well as have the ability to parse M3UA messages and interwork that into one of the signaling/control protocols.
    To connect these two networks: MGCP and H323. The call agent would have to “speak” H323. H323 recieved would be translated to an MGCP message to the mgcp endpoint. The same thing when the ingress is an MGCP network.

anh

I don’t khown in network ss7 /IP have got exit SSP, SCP,STP same in SS7. and I want to understand diffident betwen SCTP and TCP, M2UA and M2AP

Thu

Hi all,
    I want to know more information about transporting MTP about IP, M2UA, M2PA, M3UA, and transporting SCCP over IP. Please, help and show me about the address of detail Sites about them.

Thank in advance,
    Thu.

James

Dear All, would you tell me how and where I can get detailed information about RAS and H.245 UUIE message such as 08 stands for Q.931 series?

Respectfully,

James

sha

hi,
    i want know what is the role of Q.931 in indivisual entities like iterminal ,gateways ,gatekeeper and MCU

nguyen

hi all,
    please tell me about sigtran.
    Could you give me some information about it
    Thanks

Iliana Damianova

http://www.openss7.org/sigtran.html
    This is very good website for sigtran.

I lookfor website for SS7 and Ip interorepability testing.
    Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.