Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Vocaltec

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jim

I’m keen to hear if you have got success or horror stories about vocaltec solutions. Thank you.

Darren

Work great.
    Nice call quality, easy configuration and management.
    Pretty reliable.

ac

Just implemented Volcatec solution across a few countries. Powerful managment tool. Great Voice VPN solution. But manual sucks.

Overall, a great product.

Herschel Rosenberg

How does the Licensing work in VocalTec?
    What are Donggle keys?

Shpitz

Hardware key also called a “dongle,” it is a copy protection device supplied with software that plugs into a computer port, often the parallel port on a PC. The software sends a code to that port, and the key responds by reading out its serial number, which verifies its presence to the program. The key hinders software duplication, because each copy of the program is tied to a unique number, which is difficult to obtain, and the key has to be programmed with that number.

The key also acts as a pass-through to the printer or other peripheral. Multiple hardware keys can be used, each plugged in one after the other.

James

I would love to know why you chose Vocaltec over Cisco.

I would assume that Cisco has a larger market share and is an honest company in that they do not hide their manuals. They put all their documentation out on their web sites.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.