Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

AS5300 & Vocaltec gateway

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jim

does anyone know whether AS5300 VoIP gateway can be integrated with Vocaltec gateway? Integration meant AS5300 would need to pass calls to Vocaltec gateway.

Thanks in advance.

Rommel

Works fine, although the Vocaltec GW uses a GKRCS model which will cause them to suffer in performance, but they use this model to provide their enhanced features.

Jim

Rommel, mind telling me how AS5300 to pass calls to Vocaltec? Thanks.

ac

I am intersted too. Mind to share how this is implemented and what’s GKRCS?

apa

Me too. Please mail me at enjun@usa.net. thanks a millions.

Rommel

Sorry for the late reply. I am not sure what you mean by how. Vocaltec uses H.323 v2 so does Cisco. Standard call flow:

Setup w/ Fast start–

GKRCS is Gate Keeper Routed Call Signaling model, where all signaling flows go through the GK. This is to allow enhanced features through the GK.

If you have any further questions you can reply here and I will be notified.

Mikel

Rommel:when use the GKRCS model,the speed in transmitting info will be weaked,yes?and I know
    another model,in which the GK only recieved IP adress from Gateway,
    and when transmite info,the GK don’t take part in it.

R

Yes, it would be somewhat slower because the GK must now process the H.225 signalling.

You are talking about a Direct model in the 2nd part of your statement.

At the end of the day, its just a trade off between the two signalling models.

Mikel

hi,Mr Rommel,first,thanks a lot.
    Then,another problem,could u tell me detailedly PSQM,I only know it’s a objetive testing manner,not like COM which always is swayed by subjective fact.
    thanks again

Khoa

Hi Rommel,
    We are using VocalTec Gateway and Gatekeeper also. VocalTec tell us that if we buy 3rd party interoperability license for their gateway and gatekeeper, our system can work well with other carrier using Cisco system. But I need to know how Cisco gateway can pass calls to VocalTec gateway and vice versa. If you have any documents, please send me at n_v_khoa@cardvn.net

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.