Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Cisco gateway configuration

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Max Power

Hello,

I want to configure a cisco 1750 so when all 4 lines are busy it will forward the calls to another IP so the person that is calling doesn’t get a busy signal. Is this possible ?

I know that a posible solution will be to use a gatekepper but I haven’t found one. Any recomendations will be apreciated.

And one last question. Is there a way to use our 1750 to do prepaid calling cards service?

Thank you so much in advance,

Max

Brian Etheredge

Hi Mario…Which IOS release are you running on your 1750?

By your verbage “gatekeeper”, I’m assuming an IP gateway of some sort. Different gateways use resources differently. Some gateways are designed to treat voice traffic like streaming media (H.323), others use a routing protocol like MGCP, others use layer 2 protocols like Frame Relay for fragmentation and prioritizing traffic. Can you be more specific?

Also, the 1750 router is designed for small offices, and if you want to use it for large-scale applications (like prepaid calling cards) you will be over-tasking your hardware.

Rommel

Currently, the 1750 does not support IP – IP calling. Since you are talking about a GK, I assume you are talking about H.323. If you can find a GK vendor that supports either GKRCS and empty cap set in H.245 you can achieve this.
    If your are talking about MGCP, it would be the functionality of your Call Agent to provide that rerouting functionality.
    If you are talking about SIP, then it would depend on the feature server and its ability to fork invites.

Max

Thank you very much for the information. As the gateways are working with h323 I think there is not a way to implement a calll forwarding method.

We can receive calls in Mexco, only 4 lines if we can’t solve this problems. But maybe you can use many IP’s instead of just one.

Max

Tabesh

Dear Max

Could you Send me e-mail i have same problem like you

tabesh@apadana.com

Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.