Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

WorldCom VoIP Solutions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Herschel

Please e-mail for all questions
    about WorldCom IP solutions; VoIP ,IP/VPN, IP Comms.Termination and Origination of Data Traffic
    Putyour clients data on a truly Global Network with SLA’s and QoS
    herschel.hill@wcom.com or
    800.826.2677 ext 4739
    Herschel

Ken K

Herschel, I’m trying setup Voip app using Wcom’s network, I today had a CC with our folks and they told that Voip is not supported on IPVPN service offering. Can you shed any light on this?

Khal

Ken,
    Try AT&T, it Works.
    sukkar@att.com

Herschel

Ken
    E-mail me or call me to get to the bottom of this.
    Sorry was on Vacation
    Peace
    Herschel

Michael

I’m interested in understanding more about how MCI deals with a converged Enterprise’s need to provide universal call routing via a single access method to sites, i.e. 911, 411, call Joe’s Pizzaria around the corner? SLAs?

Khaled

Michael,
    911, 411 calls truely need PSTN, switched lines

Michael

I know it needs PSTN, but that doesn’t mean it has to be separate access circuits going into the site. Correct me if I’m wrong but technically, switch configurations between the POP and CO could provide these services. I believe this to be less a technical problem and more a regulatory one. But for now, how would one achieve the technical solution between the POP, CO and premise systems?
    Thx.

Khaled

Michael,
    I agree that it is more of a regulatory issue, between the IXCs and the LECs. Nevertheless 911, 411 and other service extensions are best kept as a PBX function, SS7 systems can route them with the proper information with certain limitations.
    In any case I am a firm believer of having few switch lines as a backup anyway, so why not program the PBX to switch these calls to them anyway?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.