Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

VoIP over wireless bridge

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Doug Shreve

Anybody do this yet ? I have some interest in VoIP on our 11 mbit Cisco/Aironet wireless brige that connects all 11 of our grain elevators in a daisy chain….. Any thoughts ?

John Walter

Hi Doug,

we’ve managed to install such a VoIP scenario in Hanover/Germany with our VoIP-Telephony System. A separated bureau with 13 employees is connected through 11 Mbps wirless bridge to the central site in 6 km distance. That what you’re looking for?

Doug Shreve

Yes, any latency or jitter problems ? Can you give me some detail about equipment you have connected over the WLAN ? Is it PBX’s with an H.323 gateway, FS0 or FX lines ?

Thanks !

Doug

John Walter

Doug,

it is a standalone IP PBX working in the central site with a H.323-Gateway connected with PRI to the CAR. The internal communication is done via IP only.
    The WLAN bridge is an AIRONET one.

Regards
    John

Doug

Exactly what I was looking for – someone with the balls to do VoIP over wireless. This is NOT a bad medium, IF your links are solid and not daisy chained. Thank you for your reply, I am implementing VoIP between 11 grain elevators in Iowa, USA, problem is,…from the last elevator to the first is 10 hops, (bridge to bridge to bridge) an I am afraid of delay and latency/jitter becasue of all of the bridges the signal has to pass through. At each elevator, we have a router doing QOS and each site has a switched network with VLAN capability, thought about a spearate IP VLAN Network throughout for the PBX’s at each site….

Hope it works….My BUTT is hanging

John Walter

Hey Doug,

what about additional QoS through SITARA QoSWorks? Might be of help for your hopping VoIP!

Doug

Wasdat ?

LEK

Do you know the web page that
    refer to H.323 and void over IP
    over Wireless Over network.

LEK

Do you know the web page that
    refer to H.323 and void over IP
    over Wireless Over network.

bob

have a look on Cisco ViperCell for VoIP over RF. I think will simplify your problem.

Doug

Thank you Bob, I believe that you are correct. I appreciate the time you took to reply and respond !

jerry smith

lightning wireless does VoIP over a wiman
    powered wireless network in Naples FL.
    wiman technology
    could be your solution for the grain
    elevators. see http://www.wiman.net. Wiman requires
    no cisco router. all routing is done from one central
    site.

Dr.John Chung

I am looking for Calling Card VoIP system engineer with NMS and Dialogic boards.

Please contact to me.
    drchung@mondextel.com

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.