Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Why VoIP?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CyBeRcRaP

Hi there I was jut wondering why would anyone want to put voice on there network? It just kills your bandwidth, So what you get rid of a few staff members, and only have one dude to manage your network, But thinkof all teh new equipment you need to put in? and how you have to upgrade your bandwidth. If you disagree with me tell me why? my email is wacko_jacko@rocketmail.com

Thank you, this is just my views

webpro

VoIP meand you can eliminate most all of the voice centric hardware that costs bundles to own and maintain. Ofcourse, you have to put in new hardware to to support voice. But since it is network traffic, it is easier to manage and maintain. Keeping voice “on-net” can save bundles of cash too.

If you have a service provider put in a big voice pipe, you don’t have to have hardware other than networking stuff this is probably already there. Then you get all the cool features and just pay a monthly fee per phone number. You can get new services and advanced feature with no upfront cost. Since a PBX will cost around 30 – 500 grand (and more), then maintenance and the fact that no one knows how to manage it, you spend a bunch of cash a year to have service and support.

I really think the entire worrld must go to VoIP, especially from a service provider. I think this because I work for a company that is pretty much the leader in this arean and I will make a boatload of dough.

CyBeRcRaP

That still does not justify Why you should put VoIP in your company. Think of it, most companies has there telephone infrustructure in already, why rip it out , Replace your routers, upgrade your bandwidth, just to save a buck? Are you really saving? I mean ok Web to phone is cool and all that, BUT in most counties where there is a monopoly by one telco VoIP is ilegal.

So You can surf while chatting on the phone, What biggie is that? It is the same as just using a text chat to do the same thing.

Voice can be compressed to a maximun of 5.3 KB, with the G.723 CODEC, but how good is it, what about Jitter, delay, etc. I mean we must not forget that we are working with IP here that is unreliable, and sending the voice packets using RTP, that sits ontop of UDP, that is unreliable. Is there anyway that we could actauly say, Hey My network has QoS, and we dedicate X amount of bandwidth to voice, So what happends when the voice goes on the Internet, with no QoS.

Well this is my thoughts anyway, Just think that VoIP is a Big rush and waste, the same as WAP.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.