Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

VoIP Monitoring

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 23 years ago by QoS pro.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mama

What is some one to know or study to work for a company VOIP network monitering? My back ground is CCNA

Webpro

Research SIP, MGCP, MEGACO, H.323. Look at QoS, CPE deployment issues (Firewalls, NAT, etc), Phone devices, CODECs, latency measurements, ITU standards for Telephony to start with

QoS pro

QoS is a big area. Easy to trivialize, but there is a lot there. Network monitoring from end-user perspective means having pre-requisite understanding PSQM, PSQM+, or might as well jump to PESQ.

Webpro

What do you know about G.107 and E-Model for estimated MOS scores?

QoS pro

Enough to entertain a discussion at a cocktail party – G.107 always seems to come up 🙂

Anyway…

G.107 was developed by the ETSI. E-Model is a predictive model based on the appropriate metrics, but it does not involve invasive testing. E-Model correlates well to MOS in theory and I have seen it used for planning, but I am primarily a proponent of invasive testing and using the resultant PESQ – MOS correlation. Accurate end-user perception monitoring is one of the greatest barriers to VoIP adoption. Invasive testing, perceptual analysis and resultant MOS scores will be the underpinnings of the SLAs that will drive VoIP adoption.

Drop me an email if you would like to discuss further.

kevin.bayuk@clarussystems.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.