Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Caller ID

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 23 years ago by David Lewis.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    xavier

I want to terminate call thru PSTN lines. and i want to block caller ID on those lines. how comw its possible for me to do that. i just want to hide outgoing calls from local phone company.

reply me at
    ammar100@yahoo.com

Karamany

As per my understanding you want to hide your calling number so it will not be displayed on others telephone sets, additionally you do not want to be charged by the Public telephone company.
    Sorry, but theoritically it is not possible to hide the outgoing calls from the PTT (Public, local phone company), however there is some ways to hide it from the PABX (old PABXs only)…. regarding the first part, it is only possible to hide the caller ID through the public exchange, if in your country they are not allowing it (as per my one), you can not do it.

colin Haines

If your passing calls through a large PABX system, It’s possible to hide the call from others, depending on the type and make that you have. You will need to make these changes in the system parameters. It’s know as CLI (call line identification)or CLR (call line restriction)Then whatever is in the out going trunk routing will be hidden or passed on.

David Lewis

Many VoIP GWs will also allow you to configure an outgoing mask or default CLID that prevents the full, specific calling number from being transmitted to the PSTN.

David Lewis

Many VoIP GWs will also allow you to configure an outgoing mask or default CLID that prevents the full, specific calling number from being transmitted to the PSTN.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.