Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Erlang’s formula and VoIP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michelle Wang

hi, I am a new comer in this voip area, working on modeling the voip traffic. I am looking for literatures/papers on how Erlang’s formula can be applied to voip area. Any inputs will be highly appreciated!!!

Shahid Usman

There is a good book just out in the market
    from Cisco Press, called ” Integrating Voice and Data
    network ‘ from Scott Keagy.Check this out!

May be it will help you!

Take care
    Shahid

Daniel Hernandez Galan

I`m just start working on VoIP blocking Probability, and I want to ask What effect will produce if the strategy qeueing is WFQ and not FIFO???
    Please if somebody knows anything about VoIP blocking send me information about it !!

Thanks a lot…

Jose Quintero

Daniel,
    the blocking on VoIP is the almost the same in Tradditional telephony. The resources are similar:

For example, if you have a PBX with 30 Trunk (Lines), the you have only 30 resusrces tha can be used for calls

In VoIP those resources are the Codecs that you will need to convert the analog to digital Voices. whe you try to acomplish a call num,ber 31, you will have a blocke call (either in PBS or in the gateway)

nada walha

hi
    i am looking for some documentation that explain how Erlang formula can be applyed in VoIP

dmck

Erlang theory estimates the number of similtaneous conversations. It makes no difference what transmission system you use to carry those converstions. You need to determine for yourself what resources you need to carry those similtaneous conversations, whether it be seperate telephone lines, ISDN channels, fibre optic channels, microwave channels or VoIP packets.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.