Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Call flow for international Roaming

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Sineesh C

How we can calculate Erlangs ?

Suppose we have 35 channels.
    Blocking probability is 0.02
    As per theory(Erlangs B Calculation)

Erlangs is 26.4.

How it is possible?

My doubt :
    We have 35 resources or Channels.If all resources are using continuously for one hour, it is 35 Erlangs. If we are considering blocking of .02,the available Capacity should more than 35 Erlangs. Is it?

Sineesh C

Sorry.The trailing information is regarding other subject.

A.A Malik

Dear Isaac,

as a reply of your first question that how an outbound roamer will select correct VPLMN when there are many choices.

The answer is:

When subscriber is allowed for International Roaming, the GT (Global Title) of VPLMN MSC is added in subscriber’s HLR of HPLMN in “IMSI->GT translation” section.

On very first LU (Location Update), the request is forwarded by VPLMN network to HPLMN’S HLR and only correct MSC is authenticated whose GT is present in HLR.
    It will resolve your query hopefully!

dane

HOW TO CHECK THE ECHO CANCELLER IN ERICSSON MEDIA GATEWAY?

Jahangir Alam

Do any one have any idea regarding how one roamer get one roaming network coverage out of others? What about the selection criteria by default? Although we know some mobile give option but what happens if not get any option

Monalisa

What is the cause of outgoing call issue of ported in roaming prepaid Number

jenish gandhi

hi…i m jenish….

jenish gandhi

i want to know about roaming protocol and fully details of it…how it works….introduction with figure..

Hocsène

Call flow roaming

tk

call forward unconditionally, does it generate a record in the tap file? in camel..

what abt when imsi is detached?

Wahid

for inbound roamers, the selection of PLMN depends on the roaming agreement between , but still an inbound sub can register to one PLMN at a time and that is HPLMN

Abdul

Hi, How to identify the voicemail trombone CDRs in TAP file. Basically how to identify the MT and its related MO CDR for call forwarding in TAP file. I want to identify the MT and MO CDRs for voicemail call forwarding when subscriber in roaming.

Wallis Dudhnath

For Roaming, CSPs have TAP and RAP procedures in place. For cross-border routes CDRs are transferred via a Mediator.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Borana

I want the flow of the CFR ( call forwarding)

Wallis Dudhnath

Good start is with GSM TS 03.82. It has flows for CF and the different conditions, e.g. Now Reply, Not Reachable, Busy and Unconditional. Look at ETSI dot org. Note that posts with URLs are rejected by this forum.

HLR/HSS/UDC will need to be configured so that CF (with conditions) can be checked with the Roaming status.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.