Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Call flow for international Roaming

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Shukrullah

please any one can clarify my bellow points:
    1- if a roamer makes a call from VPMN network, what is expected HPMN billing system?
    will be the call history available on HPMN billing system befor recieving TAP from VPMN?

Pan

Dear, Shukrullah!
    When a roamer is CAMEL subscriber, then call record will available in HPLMN SCP in any cases.
    When a roamer isn’t CAMEL subscriber, then there are two cases:
    – A roamer makes call to another subscriber, who isn’t HPLMN subscriber. – There is no call record in HPLMN.
    – A roamer makes call to another subscriber, who is HPLMN subscriber. – In this way there is roaming record in HPLMN GMSC.

Isaac

Hi Pan,
    Let me re-phrase my question:

Under what conditions does a CDR in a TAP file be termed as RCF(Roaming Call Forward) and should it be an MO or an MT?

I thought an RCF CDR is generated in the HPLMN when a call is forwarded to a HPLMN suscriber who is roaming.

Please help me out.

Rgds.

Shukrullah

Dear, PAN!
    many thanks for clarfications.
    we have found as suspected case,
    we found a call record in our histcal table from our roaming test SIMs, before processing TAP file and shown as normal CF call.
    although in that date the SIMs are laying with our RP.
    what do u think what can be the reason?

Pan

Hi, Isaac! May be you are right. Also it is possible the another meaning for this record. I think, that Roaming Call Record also can be generated in HPLMN GMSC (during incoming call to HPLMN subscriber) when it receives from HLR the MSRN (Mobile Subscriber Roaming Numbwer) or FTN (Forwarded-to-Number).

Dear, Shukrullah!
    Probably there is Call Forwarding activated (Unconditional or when subscriber unreachable) on that SIM?

Shukrullah

Hi Pan,
    yes the call is forwarded,
    but charge able subcriber is on roaming which is not expected to come to histcalls,
    dont you think if he call is routed wrongly to our MSC?

Pan

Dear,Shukrullah! Is it incoming call or outgoing call to/from your HPLMN subscriber (which is in roaming)?

Hocsen

Could you please tell what are the process of Roaming international.

Pan

Dear, Hocsen!
    International Roaming is event when your Home PLMN subscriber is registered in PLMN of the country what is different from the country your Home PLMN.
    If you want to know more about Location Registration process or call routeing to that roamer then you may see 03.04 (for call roteing), 23.012 (for location registration) and 23.018.

Dear, Pan!

The HPMN subscriber is on roaming and making outgoing call.

Pan

Dear, “Dear, Pan” (thank you Shukrullah :). I think, it is incoming call to your roaming subscriber having Call Forwarding SS (CFU or CF unReachable) in active state (You may check this in HLR). When HPLMN GMSC receives Forwarded-To-Number from HLR it creates CF record for Forwarding Subscriber and the rest part of call is considered as outgowing from the Forwarding Subscriber (your Roaming Subscriber). And he is in charge of this part (He pays the bill).

Zahid Ali

Dear friends,
    Any one who have experince in TADIG tests, please clarify my bellow points:
    in case outbound TADIG tests, we see some extra records which can be results of extra call attemps.
    so to certify the TAP, we are confused, if the operator geneates such extra records it will result extra charging on HPMN as well, please advise solution.

Isaac

Hi all,

In my delving into GSM international roaming, i would like someone to assist me on this:
    When a subscriber roams in a country where there are more than one VPLMNs who have roaming agreements with the HPLMN,is he registered in both and if so to which VPLMN is a call forwarded by the HPLMN. Please assist me on this.

Pan

Hi, Issac!
    It is impossible. The subscriber is registered only in one VPLMN.

Isaac

Hi Pan,
    Thanks alot for your assistance.

Still on my previous question, if a subscriber is registered in only one VPLMN does it mean that HPLMN is limited to one roaming agreement per country or if not so what criteria is used while registering an international roamer.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.