Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

E1 & Siemens EWSD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    aram

Hi,
    I need your opinion,
    Consider the following situation: an operator has a powerful Siemens EWSD switch passing 200 million minutes a month and has about 30’000 – 40’000 subscriber lines. It has a customer with 4 E1 ISDN lines; this customer makes not more than 900’000 minutes a month with his 4 E1 lines. May, in a real life, such a powerful switch be disequilibriated due to the traffic of these 4 E1 lines?
    Thank you in advance for your advice.

bousow

It depends to reached destination
    If all this traffic is for a hard richt destination it can creat overflow for these dest

emin

hi bousow,
    for this case the majority of calls are sent to the mobiles of the same operator.

Le Tung Duong from VietNam

Hi All!
    Could you help me, please? I want documents for EWSD, in AMA and LINE TEST, COM1 Command. Thankyou very much for your reading. My Email : tranthihien1980@yahoo.com

emin

could some expert give an answer to the original post: is it reasonable to assume that a EWSD exchange passing 200 million minutes a month (without being overloaded) may experience problems from a traffic of a customer connected via 4 E1 PRI (and making not more than 900k minutes a month)?

more information on the operator:
    a) the network of the operator consists of 4 such exchanges, total traffic is about 800 mmm
    b) it has about 4500 E1s only for POI interconnections (to other operators)
    c) operator advertises that its network has a lot of reserves and is very redundant.

concerning the traffic pattern, the majority of the traffic is directed to the customers of the operator!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.