Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

IN in GSM

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    vinod

hello friends ,
    hari ,scott ur discussion on CAMEL was very useful .
    If possible can anybody help me in getting some tutorials on CAMEL , CAP apart from the etsi standard documents . that ll give a good understanding of how msgs flows and how they r implemented .

Kindly send any relveant info to my mail id vidvan@rediffmail.com. Any help would be greatly appreciated

thnx a lot

kani

hi friends,
    I just want to know in CAMEL where we actually set out DP’s, in MSC or gsmSSF. if so how to set a DP and how it is encountered by MSC.

please anyone try to answer my request

Hari

Hello kani,

The DP’s to be triggered are set statically and dynamically, the static DP’s are set in HLR depending upon the kind of services MS-User opted for.

The static DP’s get loaded at VLR initially as part of set of LU operations between the VLR and HLR.

When the MS-User makes the call:out-going; off-hook indication at MSC will trigger other operations which includes collecting MS-User specific static-triggers and also the specific service-keys and gsmSCF address specific to each servicekey.

If any of the static trigger “sets-on” during the call control on MSC the IDP will be sent to gsmSCF with specific servicekey set. According to the servicekey and gsmSCF address the specific service application get triggered which loads required (specific to that service) dynamic triggers on the gsmSCF using RRBCSM.

And the rest………………..

This is what i have understood; correct me if i am not wrong.

-Hari

kani

hi hari,

Thanks for your reply, I need another clarification about gsmSSF.
    If MSC could handle the triggering mechanisms and contact gsmSCF directly then what is the need for gsmSSF in CAMEL.

with regardss
    kani

kani

hi friends,

I have to give a presentation on CAMEL and CAP on MONDAY. so it would be nice of u people if any one would give any sites regarding CAMEL and CAP ppt presentations.

with regards
    kani

Hari

Kani,

When i ment MSC, i was refering to gsmSSF CCA on MSC which has the intelligency to under-stand CAMEL.

The CCA (Handling ISUP) application running on MSC will be interacting with gsmSSF for interacting with gsmSCF.

-Best regards
    Hari

kani

hi hari,

thanks for your reply.
    It really helped in understanding CAMEL.
    it would be really nice of u if u could say whether IFC’s and Dp’s are the same if so how?????????.

I just want to know why we use CAP protocol as interface between gsmscf and gsmssf and not any other protocol.with regards,
    kani
    with regards
    kani

Selvan

Hi All,

I’m just curios to find out from is there will be any CDR generated for IN calls? if yes? what are the field should i look for based on the ASN.1?

Thanks a million

muhammad arshad

Mr. Hari,

If you are not wrong, how can we correct you.

bye
    arshad

Foo

Hi, i’ve read this thread with much interest as i’m quite new to this Camel & CAP2 stuff.

In a prepaid scenario, how does the MSC “query” the IN for credit balance by using CAP2? What is the CAP2 specific message that will be used?

When a prepaid sub makes a MO-Call, does the MSC goes to the HLR first to get the O-CSI? Then with that, it triggers a InitDP to the IN? After which, then it successfully makes a call out? Is double-triggering allowed – meaning to send a 2nd InitDP out to another node?

Is this how the callflow will be like? If anyone has the callflow, can you kindly share it? Thanks!

Ajay

hi

What i hv learnt about the IN call flow is tht they define a tariff for various PID’s and they store it in the SCP.
    When IN subscribers take any service of IN they put tht subscriber into tht service PID(Provider ID)..so O-CSI and T-CSI contains contains the service key for a particular service and whn a subscriber calls their call flows acc to the services they hv asked for. like one may hv got his local call free so the amount will be deducted from his offpeak balance ..and all this information is stored in SCP…

Wallis Dudhnath

Just to answer some of your questions.

For CAMEL the DP (e.g. DP2) is done via the gsmSSF.
    The configuration of the DP or other Trigger Detection Points is
    done via MML – Man Machine Language commands.

CAMEL Subscription Identity Flags (O-/T-CSI) are configured
    in the HLR. x-CSI flags enables the MSC/VLR/gsmSSF to trigger the
    SCP (gsmSCF).

eleni

OUR VLR SHOULD BE SEND SERVICE KEY TO
    RP,s SCP VIA IDP MESSAGE?

Wallis Dudhnath

Hi Eleni,

The VLR is associated with the MSC.
    VLR hosts information from the HLR.

The Service Key and other CAMEL parameters are sent via the gsmSSF to the SCP (gsmSCF). IDP method() is used.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

eleni

Thanks for your reply .
    The problem is that we have roamers -prepaid to our network.

they support that we don’t send IDP message from our VLR/MSC…

But we have only problem with two RPs

could ypu please send me your help ..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.