Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

congestion SDCCH

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    artiste

hi,
    i have a cell with SD cong. there is no problem of L.U. and no problem with number of channels SDCCh because the channels SD are never busy. I dont have a traffic SMS and i dont know what is the problem.
    please tell me what is the solution
    Thanks.

Misa

Why did you know that there is SD cong. in a cell?

artiste

hi misa,
    i know that there is a congestion SD on a cell because i have 70% on SDCCH assignement congestion failure.But i have the solution now, by tunning RXLEVACCESSMIN and max retrans.
    but if you have an idea it will be good.

Misa

OK, the max_retrans value is used in the channel request procedure and cell re-selection procedure, but the rxlev_access_min is used only in the cell selection procedure, so I think tunning of the rxlev_access_min does not help in your problem. And BTW, your problem must not be called “SDCCH congestion”.

geza

maybe hardware problem?

HAMID

MY BE VLR OVELOAD OR C7 OVERLOAD

frededrick mbogo

would you help me on the this issues:

I have 1E1 which is obviously has 31 timeslots. How many TRXs would be supported in a site?

Mostafa

Hi Frederick,

The Nbre of TRXs supported by 1 E1 depends on wich kind of LAPD signalling is used:
    1- If it’s multiplexed, so each TRX need 2 TS .
    2- If it’s concentrated one , we have as estimation 2.25 TS for each TRX.

waleed

dear mostafa as i know in ericsson if you are using multiplaxing you can use 15 TRUs,in case of concentrating you can use 13 TRUs and in case of unconcentrating you can use 10 TRUs

artiste

hi Misa,
    i wase not here, but i can explain why i call this problem SDCCH CONG.
    if you have RXLEVACCESSMIN=-110dBm and some MS trying to acceed to the network with level between -100 and -110, BSC allowe an SDCCH during (T3101) and the link is lost. many cases like this can block 8 sdcch if you have 1 trx or 2 TRX in one site whithout neighboor.(i use this cell in SAHARA for some offices)
    so RXLEV ACCESS MIN wase the solution to reject MS whith bad signal. I can use RACH TA FILTER but i prefer this solution. Excuse my english i speak only in french.
    thank you.

Muzi

Good People

I just read this article answers.I am impressed.As you can remember Hamid,the SDCCH/TCH congestion are my everyday thoughts about actions to be taken to solve the problem.

yogesh singh

i am finding high values of SDCCH RF LOSS RATE and TCH RF LOSS RATE in OMC-R Statistics.kindly suggest solutions.can decreasing rxlev access min. can help,present value rxlev access min.is 2.

patrick

is it a really congestion or failure SDCCH?

(i speak french too 😉 )

yogesh singh

No congestion SDCCH or TCH,SITE IS 2/2/2/,NO hopping.All sectors showing pblm.,so no case of Interference,Other OMC-R statistics are ok(HSR,CDR).

Manoj

Yogesh you need to check the radio .Change the radio or try changing the BCCH to the other radio

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.