Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Roaming betwwen CDMA & GSM Networks q

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 20 years ago by Frnd.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AMIT

Hi All,
    I am working with a CDMA Operator in India. I would like to know whether at any point of time Can a CDMA n/W Subscriber be able to use services of a GSM network and vice-versa. As it happens in the GSM N/W where one N/W (say Airtel, India) goes to London he can make use of another Opeartor(say Vodafone)’s GSM network .
    PL calrify what are the requirements for such scenario

BIJENDER

Hi Amit ,

I know of one Handsetdeveloped by ZTE , China which can eb used for both GSM & CDMA . Howver how the GSM network would support a CDMA connection or vice veras, I can’t comment. I will get back on this

Frnd

If the access Technology and Accessability to all three Bands in GSM ( 900,1800,1900 ) one can use the GSM Phone everywhere….in the world…but still he can use them in some caribbean island where they have GSM but Freq is 800 MHZ.

CDMA Access Technology and Band differs from GSM…So the equipment need such a capability to access this technology also.

Currently there is no user end equipments for this pupose but they are in developments….

Rgds

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.