Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Erlang C

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark

I am designing an IVR system for customer. The ultimate capacity for the system can be scaled to handle 80% of the 60,000 calls (in peak 15 minutes) within 20 seconds. Average call duration is 1.5 minutes. I try to use the on-line Erlang C calculator, but the maximum call per hour that I can input is 10,000 calls only. My requirement seems to be 60,000 x 80% x 4 = 192,000 calls per hour. Can anyone tell me how many IVR ports are required ?

Christophe LAURENT

Have you got an answer ?

I have the same proble with another datas.

I don’t know how to caluclate how many IVR ports I need.

I have 1200 calls per hour, I know each call is going to stay 40 seconds under the IVR, and I have 35 agents.

I would like to knwo how many ports I need.

Mark Li

I am happy to let you know that I finally win this job. I beat down IBM, Periphonic, Voicetek, Intervoice.

For your situation, you first use Erlang B to calculate the IVR port. That is 1,200 mutiply 40 seconds then divided by 3,600 seconds. Then you have to assmue what % of these IVR ports will transfer to your agents. Then you can use Erlang C to calculate how many agents are required. You need to input in Erlang C the average waiting time for an agnet to answer.

You can also work in the opposite manner by the 35 agents. Then you answer to call volume may not be 1,200 calls per hours. Hope it can help. If no. I can work it out for you.

Mark

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.